Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

7za.exe was/is (as far as I can tell) a rewrite for the bios.  Malwarebytes used to detect and clean this... but I have updated and STILL

Quite honestly I know better than to reboot with this still on my system... other than rewrite the bios addresses to the operating system (WHICH IS QUITE ENUFF) are their other known issues with this should I leave it on my desktop...

Updated malware detection would be helpful - how soon can I hear from you?

smartsnot:

I am sorry but your post makes no sense at all.  If I take it at face value, 7za.exe is the Win32 command line 7-Zip utility.  However, any malware can be named anything and often malicious files will take on the name of legitimate files and/or processes to "hide in plain site".

At the same time, you mention the BIOS and make no connections to what BIOS this is nor how the named binary is associated to the unnamed BIOS.

At the very minimum,. please follow Firefox's direction in submitting the file to VirusTotal and post the Virus Total Report URL.