infected

818dirtybird

i believe i got some sort of virus or i might have done something wrong during a windows 10 update. i was running Win7 HP 64-bit. it was working fine then updated to Win10 as soon as it finished updating stupid me didnt intall an AV right away and went on the web now everything is running low and one of my USB drive lost all its info. Computer doesnt recognize it at all. can somebody help plz. not sure what info you need but ask and i shall get it for you. thank you in advance

Hello and welcome back: :)

Computer slowdowns & hardware problems aren't always the result of malware.

And as you recently upgraded your OS, perhaps something went amok with that?

However, we are not permitted to work on possible malware-related issues here in this section of the forum.

Such work is conducted in a special forum area reserved for that purpose, or at the help desk.

So, if you think you might be infected, then I suggest that you might want to please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.

A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue - the helper will guide you through scanning, cleanup and repair.

Thanks,