MBAM Scan stuck on 'Check for Updates'

Hello,

Similar to this thread https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/173030-stuck-on-checking-for-updates/#entry990858, the MBAM scan I run gets stuck on the first section 'Check for Updates'. I've installed latest version v2.2 and ironically update in the dashboard seems to work but not when I start the scan.

I have tried completely uninstalling and re-installing under Windows - safe mode with N/W but same result. I have also tried MBAM chameleon, MB Antirootkit but none seems to work.

As advised by you, I've run the Farbar tool and attached the files here.

Thanks for your help.

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Hello,

Similar to this thread https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/173030-stuck-on-checking-for-updates/#entry990858, the MBAM scan I run gets stuck on the first section 'Check for Updates'. I've installed latest version v2.2 and ironically update in the dashboard seems to work but not when I start the scan.

I have tried completely uninstalling and re-installing under Windows - safe mode with N/W but same result. I have also tried MBAM chameleon, MB Antirootkit but none seems to work.

As advised by you, I've run the Farbar tool and attached the files here.

Thanks for your help.

At the end of the scan process, it throws up with this error "SDKDatabaseLoadDefaults failed with code: 1812"

• 6 months later...
  • Root Admin

We're sorry. It looks like your topic was somehow overlooked. Due to the length of time we'll go ahead and close this topic now but if you still actually need help please send a private message to one of the Moderators and we'll assist you.Thank you and sorry we missed your topic.