IE v11 homepage hijacked with mysearch.avg.com

A computer at one of my clients house will not allow you to change the homepage from mysearch.avg.com

1. I tried uninstalling the junk using control panel. I found Avg secure search. When I tried to remove it it would not uninstall.

I then used the AVG removal tool and removed all AVG stuff from the PC. Reboted the PC, opened Internet Options, deleted all browsing history options, Reset Internet Explorer, and deleted all personal settings. Rebooted the PC, opened IE and the hompage is still hijacked.

2. Ran Adwcleaner and it found a few registry keys relating to AVG, cleaned it and rebooted the PC. Opened IE and the homepage is still hijacked.

3. Ran Malwarebytes v2.2.0.1024 and it found no problems.

4. Ran Junkware removal tool, it found two bin files related to AVG, removed them rebooted and the IE home page is still hijacked.

5. Installed AVG safe search, rebooted, uninstalled it, then rebooted, home page is still hijacked.

6. Re-ran Adwcleaner, Junkware removal tool, Malwarebytes all come up clean.

7. Ran Combofix, and TDSSkiller, they found no issues.

8. Ran Hijackthis, and there is no trace of mysearch.avg.com anywhere.

9. Uninstalled IE v11, reverted back to IE v9. The homepage hijack is still there.

I'm at wits end. Any suggetions as to what else I can try?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!