Jump to content

I've been infected for more than 2 months.


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, My name is Saleh:

since 2 months I got some add popups and etc as usual on my Desktop PC I have such things in the past but running Adware cleaner and MBAM usually fix them, this time it didn't.

I have Symantec Endpoint protection ( the unmanaged client ) I know its not that common to use it in home, but I got it from my relatives and he recommended it to me and its been working like a charm since few years, I keep it up to date ( Virus def, and program version ) 

here's what I've been doing in the last 2 months to fix it:

1- I have no cracked games\soft\ and I uninstalled U torrent, the reason I have UT in the first place it that I live in Syria and many site are blocked and I have bad experience with proxy vpn soft, therefore I use torrent sometimes to get drivers,some free blocked softwares in Syria.

2- I removed every extensions im my GC and Waterfox and IE, I keept the only common ones like, Java-flash etc.

3- my windows is up to date, and I have no toolbars, nor any strange software,

4- started a scan with these software :

- Symantec EP full scan, found only cockies
- then stopped SEP and used Rkill tool to stop any malware process,
- scanned with Adware cleaner,
- scanned with MBAM,
- used Junkware removal tool,
- used super spyware,
- used Spybot search and destroy.
and cleaned everything they found,
after that I used TFC to clean things
then used that software to remove the tools I used completely and rebooted,

repated the process in safe mode after a while cause the adwares seems to stay, less active though.

after giving up hope and the adware, showing on Steam client, I used Bitdefender rescue disc and booted from USB and scanned the entire system but nothing found.

when doing these steps, I get normally few hours ( 5-6 ) without any popup or steam popup.

but month ago I got a new Notebook, with Win 8.1 up to date and I don't have even UT on it, just clean system and few steam\origin games, with few legal\free softwares, and I moved my SEP to the notebook, only few days to find same adware has infected my new notebook, can that even be possible ? I don't use USB stick unless its scanned and clean, how on earth can I get these things off ?

I don't want to format :\

I attached the

FRST logs

I lost hope of this damn adwares, a friend of mine tell me that it might be the Syrian ISP is infected, but I doubt that can happed !

thx in advance.




Link to post
Share on other sites

Update : brwoser seems clean since 2 days after doing those steps i mention, but steam seems not, it onley lasted for like 7-8 hours and got the ads again but this time SEP worned my that this IP tried to downlaod Trojan gen2 or something and blocked the IP traffic for 600 sec ( steam store ).

i did a full system scan but find nothing.

any idea what is worng here ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
  • Root Admin

We're sorry. It looks like your topic was somehow overlooked. Due to the length of time we'll go ahead and close this topic now but if you still actually need help please send a private message to one of the Moderators and we'll assist you.Thank you and sorry we missed your topic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.