Travel Pics

AdvancedSetup

• Root Admin

Took the following shot while on vacation in France using my Sony RX100 camera. You can click on the picture to see a larger size.

Notre-Dame de la Garde

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre-Dame_de_la_Garde

Notre-Dame de la Garde (literally Our Lady of the Guard), is a Catholic basilica in Marseille, France. This Neo-Byzantine church was built by the architect Henri-Jacques Espérandieu on the foundations of an ancient fort. The fort was located at the highest natural elevation in Marseille, a 149 m (490 ft) limestone outcrop on the south side of the Old Port of Marseille. It is an important local landmark and the site of a popular annual pilgrimage every year on Assumption Day, August 15.

Basilique_Notre-Dame_De-La-Garde_DSC0030

Edited by AdvancedSetup
linked to image

• Root Admin

Gare de Marseille-Saint-Charles

Marseille – Saint-Charles is the main railway station and intercity bus station of Marseille. It is the southern terminus of the Paris–Marseille railway. It opened on 8 January 1848, having been built for the PLM on the land of the Saint Charles Cemetery.

DSC00388.jpg

cool ...

in the first picture , did anyone notice the "grounding strap" running from the lighting rod on top of the gold leaf covered statue to the bottom of the picture ?

in the picture of the opera , i can make out the license plate number of the car ,

it is impressive what that sony is capable of .

I still want to know who thought of that shape for a bath tub ?  A bit odd to me.

My guess would be: it was labor-intensive, expensive, inefficient to heat water back then?

So, perhaps a smaller tub would be more efficient?

Or perhaps water in a smaller tub, with less evaporative surface area, would be less likely to cool off quickly?

<just guessing>