Travel Pics

AdvancedSetup

• Root Admin

Took the following shot while on vacation in France using my Sony RX100 camera. You can click on the picture to see a larger size.

Notre-Dame de la Garde

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre-Dame_de_la_Garde

Notre-Dame de la Garde (literally Our Lady of the Guard), is a Catholic basilica in Marseille, France. This Neo-Byzantine church was built by the architect Henri-Jacques Espérandieu on the foundations of an ancient fort. The fort was located at the highest natural elevation in Marseille, a 149 m (490 ft) limestone outcrop on the south side of the Old Port of Marseille. It is an important local landmark and the site of a popular annual pilgrimage every year on Assumption Day, August 15.

Basilique_Notre-Dame_De-La-Garde_DSC0030

Edited by AdvancedSetup
linked to image

• Root Admin

Gare de Marseille-Saint-Charles

Marseille – Saint-Charles is the main railway station and intercity bus station of Marseille. It is the southern terminus of the Paris–Marseille railway. It opened on 8 January 1848, having been built for the PLM on the land of the Saint Charles Cemetery.

DSC00388.jpg

• Root Admin

Malta - Wikipedia

Republic of Malta (Maltese: Repubblika ta' Malta), is a Southern European island country comprising an archipelago in the Mediterranean Sea. It lies 80 km (50 mi) south of Italy, 284 km (176 mi) east of Tunisia, and 333 km (207 mi) north of Libya.

DSC00595.jpg

cool ...

in the first picture , did anyone notice the "grounding strap" running from the lighting rod on top of the gold leaf covered statue to the bottom of the picture ?

in the picture of the opera , i can make out the license plate number of the car ,

it is impressive what that sony is capable of .

I still want to know who thought of that shape for a bath tub ?  A bit odd to me.

My guess would be: it was labor-intensive, expensive, inefficient to heat water back then?

So, perhaps a smaller tub would be more efficient?

Or perhaps water in a smaller tub, with less evaporative surface area, would be less likely to cool off quickly?

<just guessing>