WHY does JRT fix this problem? Need help please

I have a highly unusual problem that I've been struggling with for many months. I cannot connect to certain websites using any of the 3 biggie browsers. I've tried tons of things, but JRT is the only thing that works (well, temporarily).

But the report gives no information on what it did, found, erased, fixed, anything. This problem is a huge bag of worms for me, and since the JRT "fix" is only good for a very short time (like, that online session only), I'm dying to know WHY it works  so I can do a permanent fix. Can anyone help?

Here's the report:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 7.6.4 (09.28.2015:1)
Ran by __ on Sat 10/03/2015 at 11:52:26.63

~~~ Services

~~~ Tasks

~~~ Registry Values

~~~ Registry Keys

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

Scan was completed on Sat 10/03/2015 at 11:54:50.30
End of JRT log

• Staff

It might be a process or service that is typically running in the background on your computer. When JRT is run, it terminates most processes (the non essential ones) but this action doesn't get reported. It is however mentioned in the disclaimer.

Whenever you are experiencing this problem, you may want to provide logs for assistance at the Malware Removal Help subforum. Be sure to read the I'm infected - What do I do now? topic while you're there.

That's great, thanks! Do you know if I can run a report on all processes and services running? If I could grab a text file, then run JRT and compare before and after, it should narrow it down tremendously.

Regarding your other comment, Malwarebytes does not fix the problem, nor does Superantispyware. I guess for this reason I haven't considered Malware infection as my problem. But that idea about termination sounds really solid.

• 2 weeks later...