Workstation dependent upon svchost.exe which is not in right place - kind of

I have been having problems running troubleshooters for some time, I always get an error that says the troubleshooter couldn't start, some error that says  "An Error Occurred while Troubleshooting".  It goes on to say "A problem is preventing the Troubleshooter from Starting". Under details I get

"PackageID: HOMEGROUP Diagnostic"

Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService

Error Code: 0x8007800055

Source:  Engine

User: Owner-PC\owner

Context: Elevated

This error occurs no matter what I am trying to troubleshoot.  I pinned the problem - I believe - to Workstation which is dependent on the path above.  The only problem is the path on C:\ did not have svchost.exe.  My C drive is an SSD that primarily runs the OS.  But I located svchost.exe in the D files which are program and storage.  I moved the svchost.exe file, after running severa checks on it to the C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe.  What I cannot do is -k Network Service.  Otherwise alll of the dependencies check out.  But still running into trouble, especially with Workstation which is a logon program required to run Workstation.  That's when I get this error:

I was able to fix some of workstation's dependencies, but others I have no clue where to find them; they're not where they're supposed to be.  Ultimately, I end up with "Mup" - what's Mup??  Until I can identify these dependencies and ensure they're all correctly configured, I don't have access to workstation , I cannot download any Win7 Updates, and this has been goin on for awhile,,,

Malwaybytes tells me that based on where the file is located and it's size, the probabiity of damage is certain to a point,  The fle is now is the correct folder, it is the right size and I scanned three times with 3 different programs....  Can anybody  help me with my troubleshooting problem and workstation problem?  Without Workstation, There's a lot of stuff I can't do :(

Thank you all :)

Lisa

post-163160-0-62380700-1441950596_thumb.

Hello rocketflamingo and :welcome:

Since you indicate the computer is probably infected and malware removal actions are not permitted in this sub-forum, I recommend following the advice from the topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and have one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with your issue.

If, as recommended, you do open a topic in Malware Removal Help, please make reference to this thread.

If you would like to get off to a very fast start, the Malware Removal Experts would appreciate it if you would also Copy and Paste (not attach) both the FRST.txt and the Addition.txt output diagnostic reports from only Log Set 1 into your new topic. Please do not tick, nor untick, any pre-configured FRST categories.

Thank you.

rocketflamingo

You would need to download the FRST Tool and run it and it will produce the logs, then post them in the other section of the forum as stated. Do log set 1

Please read the following and in your next reply ATTACH the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs

(the three files should be CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

Thank You,

Firefox