License key displayed (under My Account)

I just did a clean install of Windows and freshly installed MBAM (premium).

Often I create screenshots of application setups.

I strikes me that with MBAM Home Premium v.2.1.6.1022 (the last time I did a clean install of MBAM - june this year) the key was displayed as '*******'

With v.2.1.8.1057 the key is displayed in full.

In both versions the identifier is also displayed.

Personally, I don't mind, I am the only user, but with others, maybe the key could be misused?

=

Hello, mbw62--

Thank you for your feedback on the license key being visible.

You are correct that this is new as of MBAM 2.1.8.  The change was made after repeated requests from users to have easier access to their license information.  While there is always the possibility of abuse depending on who has access to your system and can see your licenses, the benefits far outweigh the risks.  Customers who have trouble with their product can now very easily find their license key to provide to our Support team when they need assistance.  This allows us to immediately begin helping users as opposed to having several back and forth communications as we attempt to track down the transactions and license key in question.  So overall most feedback has been very positive on this change.   :)