Malicious Website Blocking does NOT work correctly

Hi,

I upgraded to the newest version of Malwarebytes when the program prompted me to, about 2 weeks ago I beleive. Either way since then I notice that whatever websites are blocked are blocked permanently OR until I turn off Malicious Website Blocking (webproxy).

For example, I got to website a.b.com and it is blocked.

I add a.b.com to the web exclusions list, which should take effect immediaetly, without any restarting of the program or anything, and then go to a.b.com once more and it is still blocked.

I use firefox, so I go and delete all the web cache and temporary files from firefox AND close the program, ending task on webprxy.exe within Task Manager. Then I restart Malwarebytes and firefox.

I try a.b.com once more and it is still block. I check the exclusiosn and yes a.b.com is STILL in the exclusions list.

OK, so I turn of web exclusions, a.b.com now loads with njot troubles.

Gettng frustrated I do all the above steps again except I do not restart malware bytes or firefox...instead I reboot my system letting windows startup do what it does with malwarebytes.

When I load up Firefox and go to a.b.com it is still blocked.

I turn off Malicous Website Protection and the site loads with no issues, I turn on Malicious Website Protection, check the exclusiosn and a.b.com is still in the exclusiosn list but the website is blocked, and around and around and around I go.

Whats the point of putting this in your program when it is clearly non-functional on some systems?

So, for now I cannot use this fucntion of Malwarebytes-I like this function but it HAS to have a working exclusions list.

I have not experimented much but I have the folliwngin system:

Windows 10-all updates applied

Vipre Anit-virus

Firefox using noscript and adblock

(a.b.com has been allowed full script functionality within noscript and in fact the symptoms only occur when Malicous Website Protection is enabled within Malwarebytes)

And to make matters worse, Malwarebtes now shows a BIG RED EXCLAMATTION mark on it and Windows Security Center reporst and issue with Malwarebytes.

OK, now before some gung ho youngster starts yelling VIRUS,VIRUS,VIRUS-uuummm no. I have more than 30 yeras experience protecting from and getting rid of malware and virii. This system is clean, period-other than the windows 10 virus currently infecting it there is NO virus or malware on this sytem. BUT, jst cause, I also scanned the system with two online virus/malware scanners and a third offline scanner from within a linux Live USB...AND if that doesn't seem like enough well, I loaded my harddrive into my USB external toastter and hooked it up to my laptop whihc is running windows 7/Linux Mint(dual boot) and use BOTH of thsoe operating syustems to scan the hard drive while it was mounted but not the system disk

So, WHEN can I expect the Malicious Websiute blocking exclusions list to work proerly?

Thank You,

John

Oh, one more thing, I run Malwarebytes on ALL my home PC's (8 PC's/laptops in total). Non of the other PC's have been upgraded to the newest version, I wanted to test the newest version first on my system before upgrading the others. ALL the other systems which run a range of WIndows 7 to Windows 10 are working as expected. Only my newer version gives these symptoms.