Avast Safezone with MBAE - To do or not to do

fd2015

I use Avast Internet Security, which comes with "Safezone" for secure browser run.. When I run "Safezone", it starts Chrome and when I verify, MBAE protection for chrome, I don't find any dll injection for it.. I then added a shield for Safezonebrowser.exe in MBAE and then ran "Safezone".. I now find, mbae.dll injection for "safezonebrowser.exe".. The question is,

1. When "safezonebrowser.exe" is injected only with 32 bit 'mbae.dll", will it protect chrome (which under standalone run gets injected with "mbae64.dll")? Can I use Avast's "Safezone" or should I avoid it?

SBIE would need a added tool to be run, but since isolated browser runs, r now a feature of AV's (Avast's "Safezone", Bit-defender's "Safepay" etc.), it is abt MBAE protection of the browser under this AV's isolated run? Will the same principles of SBIE apply?

Thanks..

• Staff

We don't pretend to support sandboxed/isolated browsers. With SBIE the guidance is from technical users that have tested it and made it work through the template published in the guidelines.

Btw I can see you are @tinkle and the other username that I've banned twice already. Please behave this time if you want to stick around.

I use Avast Internet Security, which comes with "Safezone" for secure browser run.. When I run "Safezone", it starts Chrome and when I verify, MBAE protection for chrome, I don't find any dll injection for it.. I then added a shield for Safezonebrowser.exe in MBAE and then ran "Safezone".. I now find, mbae.dll injection for "safezonebrowser.exe".. The question is,

1. When "safezonebrowser.exe" is injected only with 32 bit 'mbae.dll", will it protect chrome (which under standalone run gets injected with "mbae64.dll")? Can I use Avast's "Safezone" or should I avoid it?

For what it's worth.

I've been using Avast Premier on my xp OS for years and have always had MBAE installed (and previous name versions) and have never been attacked or infected and both installations have served their purpose. I use SafeZone all the time for Banking/financial data.

SafeZone Browser  is an iscolated environment and my understanding is, with an Avast variation of Chrome (but is not Goggle Chrome). This environment is meant specifically for banking/finanacial transactions and not designed for Browsing.

Running your Browsers in Avast "SANDBOX" is meant for Browsing.

https://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB44#idt_404