What Antivirus Scanner is better?

Hello everybody. Last week I have got Wander Burst Virus on my PC. I used ADW Cleaner to remove it. Now I want to install a good Virus-Scanner. I found Spyhunter scanner on: http://malwareprotectioncenter.com/2015/07/22/wander-burst/and malwarebytes scanner on thie site. Two scanners are free of charge. What scanner is better? I want to make a virus scann on my PC from time to time. Thanks for Admin, Forum Experts and Visitors!!!

Hello and :welcome: :

In addition to @capair45's excellent advice, a couple of things....

If you were recently infected, some malware requires the use of multiple tools for complete detection and removal.  The absence of symptoms doesn't always mean that you are clean.  If you would like an expert "second opinion, there is free help here in a different area of the forum.

To get help, I suggest that you might want to please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with scanning and cleanup.

MBAM Premium is not an anti-virus (AV).

It is specifically designed to provide complementary, layered protection alongside all of the major popular AVs.

Here at Malwarebytes forum we do not specifically endorse or recommend any one particular AV.

The link he provided HERE will get you started on the research to find one that best suits your needs, your computer and your budget.

If you run into any snags between MBAM and your chosen AV, please feel free to post back and someone will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

... I found Spyhunter scanner ...

SpyHunter 4 by Enigma Software Group USA, LLC is a program that was previously listed as a rogue product on the Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products List because of the company's history of employing aggressive and deceptive advertising. It has since been delisted but AV-Test has not included SpyHunter 4 in their comprehensive testing analysis that would reveal how SpyHunter 4 compares to the best anti-spyware in terms of protection, repair and usability. The reason for this is that the publisher, Enigma Software, has not been cooperative in submitting SpyHunter 4 for testing at AV-Test. In the opinion of many, it is a dubious program which is not very effective compared to others with a proven track record and it's detections, provided by its scanning engine, should not be trusted.

Enigma Software Group's business model will currently charge $39.99USD every 6 months against a credit card for its autorenewing subscription to SpyHunter 4.

Further, it has been documented that some newer versions of SpyHunter 4 apparently install it's own "Compact OS" and uses Grub4Dos loader to execute on boot up. The user no longer sees the normal Windows boot menu but instead sees the GRUB menu. For some folks this has resulted in SpyHunter 4 causing a continuous loop when attempting to boot and other issues.

When searching for new malware or malware removal assistance (and removal guides) on the Internet, it is not unusual to find numerous hits from untrustworthy and scam sites which misclassify detections or provide misleading information. This is deliberately done more as a scam to entice folks into buying an advertised fix or using a free removal tool. SpyHunter 4 (SpyHunter-Installer.exe) is one of the most common "so-called" removal tools pushed by these sites.

If you have downloaded and scanned with SpyHunter 4, any detection results should be viewed with suspicion. The recommendation of some Malware Removal Experts would be to remove the program and replace it with a trustworthy alternative.

*How to Uninstall SpyHunter (Blocked by Web Of Trust - WOT)

Note: Some users have reported that you may need to open Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp, look for and delete a SpyHunter related file named SHSetup.exe before uninstalling from Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs) in Control Panel.

As of recent, the Better Business Bureau (West Florida BBB) has documented 92 Total Closed Complaints regarding the Enigma Software Group USA, LLC.

BBB v Enigma Software Group USA, LLC.

Significant portions of the above are reproduced with the kind permission of quiteman7, MVP, Global Moderator @ BleepingComputer.com