IPTEST not available

Hi:

AFAIK That is the expected result if MBAM website protection module is working correctly.

MBAM blocks the page from loading.

I just tested it and it works fine for me.

You should get a notification popup, if notifications are enabled (see screen shot).

And the event will be logged in the protection log:

Detection, 8/22/2015 6:20 AM, SYSTEM, XXXX, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Domain, 184.173.97.196, iptest.malwarebytes.org, 57696, Outbound, C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe,
Detection, 8/22/2015 6:20 AM, SYSTEM, XXXX, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Domain, 184.173.97.196, iptest.malwarebytes.org, 57696, Outbound, C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe,

If that does not resolve or explain your issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Thank you,

post-29793-0-78851800-1440242759_thumb.p

Dale, thanks for your reply.

I run the Test first thing every morning on all my personal computers, therefore I do know what to expect.

Normally, as you know, there are 2 possible outcomes of the Test. 

The first outcome is that Website Protection is working and that will result in the Pop-up message (the Screenshot in your Post) being displayed and the Browser also shows an appropriate message with the MBAM Logo on the Website page (not shown in your Screenshot).

The second outcome is that Website Protection is not working and this will result in the Website page displaying a message that indicates to the User that Website Protection is not working.

What is happening this morning is different and I have not personally seen this behavior previously.  When the Test is run, either nothing happens for awhile and then the connection "times out" or immediately the message "Page unavailable" or "This page can't be displayed" is shown.

T.

Hi:

It's working correctly here, at least for me, on my systems, at this time.

So, if it's not working for you, we would need a bit more system information to help to determine what's going on.

Please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Thank you,

UPDATE/CORRECTION:

I stand corrected.

To test, I just DISABLED Malicious Website Protection and then I attempted to navigate to iptest.malwarebytes.org.

Nothing happened.

IOW, the expected landing page, with the expected message (something like, "If you are seeing this page, Malicious Website Protection is disabled") did not load.

OTOH, I don't understand why I see the normal, expected behavior (page block, popup, logged IP block) when I try to load that page with Malicious Website Protection enabled.

That discrepant behavior doesn't make sense to me.

We will need to wait for MBAM staff to investigate.

Thank you,