Scan folder or file

Hello,

Sometimes I have the option when I right click a file or folder in explorer to scan with malware bytes... sometimes its not there... Not sure what is causing this... Can anyone please clarify?

I have done a search on the forums and can't find anything relevant.

• Staff

Greetings and welcome :P .

Are you running a 64 bit version of Windows? If so, then that explains it. You won't have that option if you're browsing using a 64 bit program (like explorer.exe), but if you use the file menu in Internet Explorer 7 or 8 you'll see it there because for the sake of compatibility with browser plugins like Flash Player etc, the 32 bit version of Internet explorer is the default.

Greetings and welcome :) .

Are you running a 64 bit version of Windows? If so, then that explains it. You won't have that option if you're browsing using a 64 bit program (like explorer.exe), but if you use the file menu in Internet Explorer 7 or 8 you'll see it there because for the sake of compatibility with browser plugins like Flash Player etc, the 32 bit version of Internet explorer is the default.

Yep, running 64 bit. Thanks!