malware antivirus doesn't see a (new?) trojan

Hi, I have malware bytes and microsoft security essentials running. 

usually  MSE doesn't find anything and malware bytes does.

for about a week malware bytes doesn't see anything, while MSE does.

the latest it found ( I didn't write down the others) is Dorv.B!rfn.

anyone any ideas why malwarebytes suddenly doesn't find the trojans coming in?

Hello and welcome back: :)

We can't say for sure without more information (e.g. scan logs).

However, we are not permitted to work on possible malware-related issues here in this particular section of the forum.

Such work is conducted in a special forum area reserved for that purpose, or at the help desk.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.

A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue -- the helper will guide you through scanning, cleanup and repair.

>>On the other hand, if you have a sample of possible new malware for inclusion in the MBAM database, then please start with the instructions HERE and HERE, and then please submit the requested information in a new post in the Research Center HERE.

Thanks,

hi daledoc1,

well it's not only this one malwarebytes didn't find. for about a week it doesn't find anything while other scanners do.

by mistake someone else who tried to reply underneath my message sent it as a pm, but he also wonders why malwarebytes doesn't see anything for a week.

I have no problem with an infected computer, since the microsoft program eliminated a few and then I ran the emisoft emergency kit which found 1 medium risk and 3 other trojans. they cleaned the mess up usually malwarebytes does before any other program even sniffs on it.

so the question is more.. what's up with malwarebytes since a week? it doesn't see ANY threat. and it's not only me, I hope the other guy places his question as a reply after all or as his own topic after I pm'd him back, but anyway, it's not just me. 

and i just heard my cousin has the same only didn't have any other virus/malware scanner and she got serious trouble until I told her to at least download the emisoft emergency kit in safe mode and yup her computer is cleared and works again. but not thanks to malwarebytes.. so there is something not ok.

by mistake someone else who tried to reply underneath my message sent it as a pm, but he also wonders why malwarebytes doesn't see anything for a week.

I'm not sure what to make of that. :unsure:

Most computer users -- especially those who practice "safe hex" -- are happy NOT to be infected.

The fact that MBAM doesn't "see" anything on their machine might just mean that they are not infested with malware, not that MBAM is missing things.

Having said that, no one single security program -- neither MBAM nor MSE nor Emsisoft nor ANY one program -- can possibly detect every single piece of malware.  This is explained here: The complexity of finding, preventing, and cleanup from malware

That's why it's important to use a layered approach to computer security.

And the most important part -- the first and last line of defense -- is the piece between the chair and keyboard.

I have no problem with an infected computer, since the microsoft program eliminated a few and then I ran the emisoft emergency kit which found 1 medium risk and 3 other trojans. they cleaned the mess up usually malwarebytes does before any other program even sniffs on it.

As explained in that sticky topic I just mentioned, clean scans even with a couple of tools or lack of symptoms does not necessarily mean the computer is clean.  Some malware, such as rootkits, can evade detection.  Deeper work to find and remove them is conducted in a different area of the forum.

So, if you would like help with a free, expert "second opinion", then I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.

A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue.

>>On the other hand, if you have a sample of possible new malware for inclusion in the MBAM database, then please start with the instructions HERE and HERE, and then please submit the requested information in a new post in the Research Center HERE.

Thanks again,

I do not see any logic in your statement....

Malwarebytes is NOT an antivirus. It is designed to get the things the antivirus did not catch.

They (AV and MBAM) target different threats -- some are detected by the AV, others by MBAM and some by both.

Layered, complementary protection.

Thank you,