Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death URGENT Help!

Hey all,

I've had my Dell laptop for about 3-4 years and I use it for basic stuff like surfing the net, music, and schoolwork stuff. So last week I updated from Windows Vista to the new Windows 10. No problem. Last night, I downloaded some bad file and it was infected with malware. I used Malwarebytes, Avast, CCleaner, and completely removed all of the bad files it installed on my laptop. I also used a registry cleaner program to clean up my registry. I ran the scans again and it said no infections were found so I assumed it was all cleared.

My laptop was running fine after that, and all of a sudden, I receive this blue screen of death (I forgot what error was). When I restart my machine, I can get to the user login screen but after about 20 seconds it shows me the BSOD again. Every time I try to go into safe mode I get the BSOD and it says "WDF_VIOLATION". I can't even login anymore!

I'm really panicking because I have so many important files on my machine that I do not want lost. I don't care if I have to reinstall my machine, as long as I can keep my files. I do have the original Windows Vista re-installation CD if that means anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions?? Maybe it's a driver issue??

Hello and :welcome: :

BSOD can be caused by hardware problems, driver issues, and even some types of malware (rootkits).

We have a special forum area reserved for working on BSOD.

I suggest that you please start with the advice in this pinned topic: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista

Then, please post the requested information in a new topic here: BSOD, Crashes, Kernel Debugging

One of the forum BSOD experts will assist you.

Thank you,

I'm really panicking because I have so many important files on my machine that I do not want lost. I don't care if I have to reinstall my machine, as long as I can keep my files.

Hi. . .

I would suggest that you purchase a SATA/USB adapter so that you can connect the HDD to another system and copy the files off of the HDD from the system you can't log on to.

You'll need an adapter similar to this (I just selected the first one that came up in Google) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812232002

It's very simple to use.  You remove the HDD from the Vista/Windows 10 system, connect it to the adapter; plug the adapter via USB into a working Windows system; copy the files you wish to save.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2