cant load, cant uninstall

I finely decided to go preminum and get real time protection. but I cant install latest verision. cant uninstall existing version. errors are:  

1) runtime error '383':

2) "text property is read only  and messages file "c:\program files 9x860\malwarebytes' anti-malware\unins000.msg" is missing. please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program.

so I am stuck. cant use and cant uninstall any help is much appreciated.

I did get a ransom ware virus and did system restore. friend said to pay for malwarebytes and it would not happen again. so I went to site and downloaded latest ver and the rest is history.

thanks again and have a blessed day robert.

Hello and :welcome: :

I did get a ransom ware virus and did system restore. friend said to pay for malwarebytes and it would not happen again. so I went to site and downloaded latest ver and the rest is history.

It sounds as if you might still be infected or damaged from the infection or from the system restore.

We are not permitted to work on possible malware-related issues here in this particular section of the forum.
Such work is conducted in a special forum area reserved for that purpose, or at the help desk.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue -- the helper will guide you through scanning, cleanup and repair, as well as through getting MBAM up and running.

Thanks,