windows 10 id

Hello and welcome: :)

MBAM v.2 does not store license information in the Windows registry.

If you purchased your original license from the Malwarebytes online store, then the info would be in a confirmation email from the ecommerce partner, cleverbridge.
If you no longer have that email, then you can contact cleverbridge for a license lookup HERE or HERE, as explained here.

If you purchased from another online vendor or reseller, you will need to contact them.
If you purchased on a boxed CD, the info will be in the box.

In the interim, you may wish to perform a CLEAN REINSTALL of MBAM -- the setup wizard will offer a 14-day Trial with the full, premium features, while you sort out the licensing issues. (1 Trial per PC per MBAM program version)

Thank you,

Hi:

Well, MBAM Pro version 1.x DID store the info in the registry (see here).
But, if you have already upgraded to Win10, or reformatted without recovering that info, then it is lost.

MBAM Premium version 2.x never did store the info there.

AFAIK There are only 3 ways to purchase a legal MBAM Premium license: the online store, a reputable/trusted ecommerce partner, or a boxed CD.
If you purchased from eBay, then you may be out of luck (see here).

If you obtained your license some other way, then we probably cannot help you here in the forum, at least unless you can provide more details.

The only thing I can suggest at this point -- without more information about your situation -- would be to open a ticket at the Help Desk.

If you do NOT already have a ticket at the Help Desk, you may open one HERE.

• Please provide the Help Desk with as much of the following information as possible (but do NOT post this sensitive information here in this forum):
    • Name of purchaser
    • Email address of purchaser
    • Date of purchase
    • cleverbridge reference number (or details about the seller, if it was NOT malwarebytes online store)
    • MBAM license ID and Key information
  • Please be sure to check your spam and junk mail folders, to verify that the emails from the Support team did not land there by mistake.

In the interim, you may wish to perform a CLEAN REINSTALL of MBAM -- the setup wizard will offer a 14-day Trial with the full, premium features, while you sort out the licensing issues. (1 Trial per PC per MBAM program version)

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

when an update was installed it asked if i had purchased malwarebytes and my key changed so I can not find my id anymore

Again, we don't have sufficient information to assist you here in the forum.

From what you describe, there may have been some sort of problem with your license.

This is not likely to be something we can resolve here in the forum, especially if you no longer have the license info.

Your best bet will be to contact Support, as explained in Reply #4.

Thank you again,

I have been told by a m8 that I might have some sort of Amnesty Key

Yes, that seems to be the case.

For the record, the new, "replacement" licenses have ONLY a Key.

There is no ID (Identifier) with the new licenses.

So, once you reinstall Windows and then reinstall MBAM, you will activate with that new license, using only the Key.

In other words, you do not need to (and ought not to) click the "I also have an ID" link in the activation window of the program.

That ought to work.

Under the circumstances, if it does not work, then there isn't much else we can do here in the forum.

A forum staff member might be able to assist you, but the licensing problems generally need to be corrected at the Help Desk, as previously mentioned several times.

They are the only folks with access to the necessary information.

Thanks for your understanding,

Hello and :welcome: , @MarkRobinett:

There are many different reasons for license validation issues.
It depends on the type of license, where/when it was purchased, how it has been used, and other factors.
Some of them can be resolved with a bit of help here (e.g. a proper clean reinstall of MBAM, entering the correct info in the correct fields, the "change license" procedure for users renewing a subscription that was originally purchased from a reseller, and correcting system date/time).
For the other issues, the Help Desk route is the best way to resolve them.

It would be much less confusing for everyone if you would please start your own NEW, SEPARATE topic using this clickable cjfj.png button.
The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,