I'm back....Purchased Premium version..................

Hello and welcome back: :)

I assume the following:

1. You purchased directly from the Malwarebytes online store this time?  Yes or No
  2. You received a confirmation email from the e-commerce partner, cleverbridge?  Yes or No
  3. The email contained both a license KEY and a license ID?  Yes or No
    1. If No, did you receive just a Key?  Yes or No
  4. You copied and pasted the license information into the field(s)? Yes or No..... OR
  5. You manually typed them in? Yes or No

First:

>>Please be sure you are entering the correct alphanumeric characters in the correct format.

For example, please be sure not to swap "0" for "O", "1" for "I",, "5" for "S", etc; and be sure not to add extra spaces.

>> "Old" lifetime licenses have both a Key and an ID, each of which needs to be entered in its own field, with hyphens.

The Key format is most likely XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX and the ID format is most likely XXXXX-XXXXX
(Only "new" replacement licenses have just a Key, without an ID.)

If there are both a license Key AND an ID, you need to first enter the Key, and THEN click the link for "I also have an ID" and enter that.

Then, click "Activate".

>>There is more information here: How do I activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

***If that does not work, please tell us the EXACT error message and/or post a screen shot of the ERROR MESSAGE (NOT of any part of the license ID and Key)

Thanks,

post-29793-0-42715700-1439248168_thumb.p

post-29793-0-75267200-1439248176_thumb.p

Yes, yes, to all.....I have a key, & a reference #, no ID, I manually typed it in because after copying, there was no way to paste, there are no " 0 " or "O "in my #.,I did put the -  ( dash )in it like it was sent to me.When I type the key in, it says, in the place to type " Activate", " Please enter correct Key # " that's all it says.

Hi:

Hmm, well that's a bummer.

1. Did you watch the video here: How do I activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?, to see if that demo might help?

2. Do you have some sort of "Word Processor" software on the computer (e.g. Microsoft Word, or LibreOffice or a similar program)? Yes or No

3. Is there a family member or friend available who might be able to assist you?

4. Last resort, a proper clean reinstall, as explained in detail here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

If that fails, the only thing I can think of is that you are inadvertently omitting part of the Key and/or adding spaces and/or not adding the hyphens in the correct places and/or substituting the wrong numbers/letters.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what else to suggest at the moment.

We may have to wait for a Malwarebytes staff member to arrive -- they will have you send them the Key via Private Message and they will test it out.

There is no reason to suspect that there is a problem with the Key, if you bought it directly from the Malwarebytes store; this is just to test it.

(Please do NOT post any part of the reference number or license Key here in the forum.)

Thanks,

Yes, I watched the video, not sure about the 2nd question, no one to assist me, but I know I put the right key code in, there were no hyphens, if I don't reply later, I will continue here tomorrow.

Thanks for your help again, couldn't believe it when it said " Please enter a valid key".

there were no hyphens

Are you sure about that????

(To be honest, I am not 100% sure how the new, Key-only licenses are formatted. A staff member will know for sure.)

The 2nd question was: do  you have a software program installed on your computer that you use to create documents, like letters or shopping lists or greeting cards?

Word processor, such as Microsoft Office or LibreOffice or other name?

If you don't know, then just skip that.

It was just a means to devise a workaround for the proper Key. ;)

Sorry, this is a first for me. :(

I guess if none of the options in the last reply will work, we will need to wait for someone else to think of something.

I'm truly sorry. :(

copy & paste the address from the email, & I did that too.

????

Where did you paste the address from the email???

Where did it say to do that????

The Key is just a code, a string of numbers and letters (separated by hyphens).

AFAIK there is no place to enter any sort of email address into the Key field for activating the program.

I could be wrong, but I've never heard of that.

I think you are probably putting in extra information that is not part of the Key.

EDIT: I think the attached screen capture shows how to do this correctly for a new, "Key only" license.

I think the only way to solve this will be to wait for a staff member.

They will have you send them the Key via Private Message.

They will test it out.

If it works --- as I am 100% sure it will -- they will try to explain better, via Private Message, exactly how to enter the information.

Please be patient waiting for more help.

Thanks,

post-29793-0-66970700-1439251243_thumb.p

In the ID spot, didn't know where else to put it , I even closed my AV & nothing else was running,

I put the key code in , the only thing separating the #'s are dashes, no hyphens, why are there no hyphens?

No, please do NOT click the "I also have an ID" link.

If you have a new license that is ONLY a KEY, you need to SKIP that step of clicking that link.

That link is ONLY for people who have the "older" type of license.

You enter ONLY a KEY and then you click "Activate".

Hyphen or dash, I think we are talking about the same thing.

Perhaps take another look at the video here: How do I activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

In the ID spot, didn't know where else to put it , I even closed my AV & nothing else was running,

I don't know what that means.

You do NOT click the blue link and you do NOT enter anything for the ID, if you do not have one.

You enter the KEY and then you click the large, blue "Activate" button.

Your antivirus has nothing to do with it. :(

-----------------------------

OK, I'm sorry.

I don't know how else to explain this.

I apologize for confusing you.

I really do.

As you can see from my post count, I've been around here for a while and have helped a few folks.

I'm not sure why this isn't working for you. :unsure:

Sorry,

Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing, entering only the key code,& activate.. I don't have an ID , so no use to click that.I included the dashes.

I'm going to watch my next 2 episodes of The Last Ship, I will be back tomorrow , probably in the afternoon as I have to go somewhere in the morning.

Thank you!

I tried it one last time, & it worked! I did nothing different......I have no idea why it wouldn't before, but you did not confuse me, thanks again for your help!

It was the Aliens..............