Key half activates then de-activates itself when I update the software.

I bought a key off of Amazon (directly from Amazon, not a 3rd party selling on Amazon). 

When I used the download link from Amazon, I get an old version of Malwarebytes and it activates.

Kind of.... Whats up with this? It says I have the premium licence... but then it says I don't get live protection that only comes with the premium licence.. the one that I have activated.

When I update the software, it completely deactivates. I have been talking to Clarmelia Paunil through email but she says that the key isn't even in the database and that it's an invalid id/key. Can anyone here help me?

Edited by tetonbob
images removed by request

Hello and :welcome: :

I bought a key off of Amazon (directly from Amazon, not a 3rd party selling on Amazon). 

<snip>
When I update the software, it completely deactivates. I have been talking to Clarmelia Paunil through email but she says that the key isn't even in the database and that it's an invalid id/key. Can anyone here help me?

The only folks who can help with that problem are the Support folks at the help desk.
We here at the forum do not have access to the necessary information to resolve this issue.

• As you already have a ticket at the Help Desk, please try to be patient. The Help Desk is busy, and they are also assisting users with technical support and malware cleanup cases.
    • Please do not open multiple tickets there -- doing so will slow down the process and could delay their response to you.
    • Perhaps you might also try to take up the matter with Amazon directly?

In the interim, you may wish perform a CLEAN REINSTALL of MBAM -- the setup wizard will offer a 14-day Trial with the full, premium features, while you sort out the licensing issues. (1 Trial per PC per MBAM program version).

Thanks very much,

P.S. ALSO, I have asked the forum staff to remove all of the sensitive/personal information you posted here in this public forum.

Thanks. I didn't notice my address was in the screenshot until after I post it. Hopefully everything can get fixed.

Yes, and a lot of other sensitive info, too. :o

Please continue to work with Support Team (and, if need be, with Amazon) to sort your license issue.  It won't be something we can resolve here in the forum, unfortunately.

In the interim, you may wish perform a CLEAN REINSTALL of MBAM -- the setup wizard will offer a 14-day Trial with the full, premium features, while you sort out the licensing issues. (1 Trial per PC per MBAM program version).

Thanks again,

Just a side note... Just because "Amazon" sold it does not make it valid. I could sign up as a Amazon reseller and sell keys from a generator all day. Amazon just sold what the bad 3rd party provided.