Malwarebytes & Bitdefender

I just got done installing Bitdefender Total Security 2015. I have Malwarebytes as well for that added protection. Now my computer is lagging a little bit and I read that because both programs have "Real Time Protection". That could be the problem? Is it recommended to turn one of them off to prevent the conflict?

Hello,

Yes, that could be the problem, but it all depends how fast and good your PC is.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not meant to be a replacement for antivirus software. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a complementary but essential program which detects and removes zero-day malware and "Malware in the Wild". This includes malicious programs and files, such as viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware, and rogue applications that many antivirus programs do not detect or cannot fully remove. It is important to note that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware works well and should run alongside antivirus software without conflicts. In some rare instances, exclusions may need to be set for your specific antivirus product to achieve the best possible system performance.

Hello.  I am running Bitdefender 2015 Total Security, with both MBAM and MBAE Premium versions.  As suggested in Post 6 of the thread linked to below, you might want to configure exceptions in BDTS2015 to exclude MBAM processes from being monitored by Bitdefender, and likewise exclude the BDTS folder in MBAM.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/170968-360-total-security-not-compatible-with-mbam/

I have had no issues for the year that BDTS2015 has been installed, along with MBAM and MBAE Premium, on my two computers.  I do have the exceptions configured.  Make sure that you have the latest release of BDTS2015.  There were reports a week or so ago on the BD 2015 Forums that there was a "memory leak" with vsserv.exe, which has since been fixed.

Hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

PS: As "Twin" says, if you have a computer with not much RAM, old slow CPU, etc., you might still encounter lagging, as both apps do require some significant RAM.

Hello and :welcome: , tvindevoghel:

To add a bit to what the others have advised....

1) The screenshot below shows an example of adding an AV (in this case KIS) to MBAM exclusions.  And the MBAM files to exclude in BD are listed below.

2) If doing so doesn't resolve your issues, please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Thanks,
-------------

Please exclude the following files from your Antivirus Software for your version of Windows:

For 32 bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamresearch.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamresearch.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware \mbamscheduler.exe

Note: If you are using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall, you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE, MBAMSERVICE.EXE and MBAMRESEARCH.EXE from it, as well.

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

post-29793-0-95536600-1438516252_thumb.p