TheDukeUK

[SOLVED] Browsers not opening with MBAE & Comodo

Thanks for the logs onlinebusinesssupport.

I'll send you a PM with further instructions.

I got the same with Firefox ... added C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox to HIPS Detect shellcode injections exclusions with Comodo Endpoint Security 8.2 and it loads fine now.

and the same with Comodo Ice Dragon ...  added C:\Program Files (x86)\Comodo\Ice Dragon to HIPS Detect shellcode injections exclusions with Comodo Endpoint Security 8.2 and it loads fine now.

MBAE works in Firefox (latest build) but does not work in Chrome (latest build).

Win10

avast free

MBAM Premium

Comodo Firewall w/D+

Tried the new beta. Now MBAE does not work in Firefox nor Chrome.

Tried the new beta. Now MBAE does not work in Firefox nor Chrome.

After three reboots MBAE now works in Firefox but not in Chrome.

If someone can tell me how to get to the proper log(s) and where to send them I can send the logs for further investigation.

Great! Now I can't find my thread.

The issue is that MBAE works in Firefox. I know this because the "pop-up" scrolls out from the lower right corner on my screen.

The real issue is that I don't get the pop-up when opening Chrome otherwise Chrome works fine.

By the way, MBAE worked in both browsers until about a week ago. I have been using CFW w/D+ v8.2 for about two months

with no issues before this. I have the updates in CFW disabled. I have only the firewall installed and nothing else.

Solved! I uninstalled Comodo Firewall w/D+ v8.2 completely.

Now using the built-in Windows Firewall and all is good.

Well almost, CFW w/D+ has stronger HIPS than Windows Firewall.

Solved! I uninstalled Comodo Firewall w/D+ v8.2 completely.

Now using the built-in Windows Firewall and all is good.

Well almost, CFW w/D+ has stronger HIPS than Windows Firewall.

That's a Red Herring ChromeDome. It's the reboot after the uninstall that got MBAE working again. There is a fault with MBAE that is unrelated to Comodo Firewall / HIPS. I did the same as you and uninstalled Comodo Endpoint Security and Dragon and Chrome did indeed show the MBAE popup the first time I loaded them bit thereafter I get no popup and no indication that MBAE is working with Chrome v45 and Dragon v43. 

I have also tried it with Canary v48 and MBAE no longer works with that either.

I think MBAE have just failed to keep pace with the browser updates.

That's a Red Herring ChromeDome. It's the reboot after the uninstall that got MBAE working again. There is a fault with MBAE that is unrelated to Comodo Firewall / HIPS. I did the same as you and uninstalled Comodo Endpoint Security and Dragon and Chrome did indeed show the MBAE popup the first time I loaded them bit thereafter I get no popup and no indication that MBAE is working with Chrome v45 and Dragon v43. 

I have also tried it with Canary v48 and MBAE no longer works with that either.

I think MBAE have just failed to keep pace with the browser updates.

I have posted a new thread about this issue as it's not the same as this one about browsers not starting period.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/173934-mbae-no-longer-works-with-various-browsers-after-the-first-load/

Great! Now I can't find my thread.

The issue is that MBAE works in Firefox. I know this because the "pop-up" scrolls out from the lower right corner on my screen.

The real issue is that I don't get the pop-up when opening Chrome otherwise Chrome works fine.

By the way, MBAE worked in both browsers until about a week ago. I have been using CFW w/D+ v8.2 for about two months

with no issues before this. I have the updates in CFW disabled. I have only the firewall installed and nothing else.

Actually this is in known issues number 2) ... totally unrelated to CFW, see my notes above and oh the other thread I mention

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/135127-known-issues-conflicts/

Sometimes Chrome (and other browsers) stay running in the background even if you close the "visible" window. Under Chrome you can see a Chrome icon still loaded in the system tray even when the browser has been closed. This is why when you open Chrome again there is no MBAE message that "Chrome is now protected". This is because Chrome was never closed and MBAE never stopped protecting Chrome.