[SOLVED] MBAE fails to start at boot

squire

i had the same Problem...

i could fix it by installing the latest Version ... (mbae-setup-1.07.1.1015)

its simple like this...

but u cannot get the latest Version just like this...

on the Website they offer no link

and if you buy MBAE online, cleverbridge will send you

a download link with a very old Version ... (mbae-setup-1.03.1.1220)

and that old Version causes the Problems

so just offer on your Website the actual Version

and especially make sure that cleverbridge updates its sended download links

• Staff

Hi rayreininger. The Cleverbridge platform does serve the latest version to new purchases. Maybe the link that you were offered in your original purchase is still the same one and pointing to the latest stable at the time of the purchase. I will check with the Marketing department on this.

In the meantime you can download the latest MBAE from the following location:

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbae

This is the same installer for both Free and Premium.

• Staff

Hi Skunk1966, it seems like it could be an incomplete/corrupt upgrade. Please try the following:

1- Reboot
2- Uninstall MBAE from Control Panel
3- Delete C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit
4- Reboot again (very important!)
5- Download and install the latest version from https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbae

Does the problem still persist after that?

Hi Skunk1966, it seems like it could be an incomplete/corrupt upgrade. Please try the following:

1- Reboot

2- Uninstall MBAE from Control Panel

3- Delete C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

4- Reboot again (very important!)

5- Download and install the latest version from https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbae

Does the problem still persist after that?

I'm not on my home pc at this moment; will report back to you tomorrow

I think your last advise solved the problem; previous time when I uninstalled I deleted program data folder + program files(x86) installation folder but didn't realise it also installed in program files aswell. After deleting those 3 folders I have no problem anymore and it starts with Windows all the time sofar

I'll keep a close look on MBAE for the next couple of days and hopefully it'll keep working the way it should. Hopefully I won't have to come back again :-)

thanx for your help!