Adguard + Avast Online Security + Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit for Chrome (?)

jbionic2010

My Chrome is currently protected by double layer defense of Adguard + Avast Online Security on Windows desktop station
I am curious if there is any particular need to raise that protection alert by extra layer from Malwarebytes, which offers a free solution that is seemingly developed for web browsers??

Among obvious "contras" I see possible productivity issue and slowdown in loading web content. Is there anything else I should be aware of?

• Staff

Avast Online Security is reactive in nature, i.e. it needs to know about a threat before it can block it, so bad guys bypass those easily.

Adguard is a good way to prevent malvertising exploits, but it will not protect against exploits that trigger in the web through other means that are not malvertising.

MBAE is a good addition, especially when there are Flash 0days and unknown exploits.

PS: moving this to the Questions subforum.

Thanks. If I have Spybot Search & Destroy that runs in background all the time and also ocassionally run Malwarebytes-Antimalware, does this replace Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit or I may still need it?

I am just a bit cautious about getting incompatibility issue due to a high number of apps running...

What if Anti-virus knows about a virus and blocks it - could this potentially lead to a conflict between Anti-virus system and Malwarebytes Antoi-Exploit, which both try to block the same threat simultaneously?

One more thing I am curious about is Windows' EMET Notifier (Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit) - is it somehow interlinked with Anti-Exploit functionality?

• Staff

An Anti-Exploit works in a much different way than an Anti-virus, so it does not conflict. AV looks at files, while an anti-exploit like MBAE and EMET looks at running programs and their behavior.

More information:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/154691-exploits-how-they-work-and-how-to-crush-them/

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/136424-frequently-asked-questions/

Slightly OT

But jbionic you should consider dumping S&D (and TeaTimer) and invest in a MBAM Premium License (Lifetime if available) and run that real time along side of MBAE

Spybot is outdated and can't compare to MBAM.

IMO :)