Installed Windows 10 Pro and now can't activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware now

I installed Windows 10 Pro today.  I then downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and tried to activate the software.  When I enter in my Id # and key, I am presented with a error 403 message that says that usage level has exceeded the max volume allowed.  Can anyone help?

Hello cmf21:

It is very disappointing to read that an activation or licensing issue is being
experienced with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM).

The quickest way to resolve the issue is by contacting a Malwarebytes Consumer
Customer Support representative through:

https://support.malwarebytes.org/customer/portal/emails/new?b_id=6400

In the Description window, please provide as much of the following licensing
detail as possible there only:

• A brief but detailed account of the issue.
  • Purchaser's name.
  • Cleverbridge Reference Number.
  • MBAM License ID and Key.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

• 5 weeks later...

I am dead in the water with this, I am a licensed user, but have no protection in my computer. I sent a message to support 2 days ago, but have not received a response. I did a total removal using their tool and did a clean install hoping to activate the trial period of Premium, I activated the trial, but I still cannot turn on real time protection, the option is grayed out.

If anyone finds a solution to this I will greatly appreciate it if you can pass along the information.

Mike.

Here's a temporary fix for your license key. I've downloaded version 2.1.6 and used my license key and it works. just make sure to uncheck apply software update to it, except for the database. so that it doesn't update it to 2.1.8

I'll wait for a fix before I'll install anything higher than 2.1.6 for now.

Hello and :welcome: , @shl0791:

Here's a temporary fix for your license key. I've downloaded version 2.1.6 and used my license key and it works. just make sure to uncheck apply software update to it, except for the database. so that it doesn't update it to 2.1.8

I'll wait for a fix before I'll install anything higher than 2.1.6 for now.

Just to clarify a bit...

There is no "fix" forthcoming, per se, because there is no problem with the program, per se.

Nearly all valid licenses were automatically accepted into the new license validation system.

The few that were not -- because of a server hiccup, "operator error", outdated system date/time, etc. -- had the issue successfully sorted out with help from Support.

If you have a valid license, there is no need to roll back to an outdated version of the program - the Help Desk will work with you to correct the problem.

If you were inadvertently scammed during your license purchase, then the Help Desk can work with you to resolve that, too.

If you do roll-back to an older, outdated program version -- rather than working with the Help Desk to resolve your licensing issues -- you will be running a program version that lacks many performance and stability improvements, many of which are listed HERE.

And you will be stuck with that outdated program version until you resolve the license problem.

As such, we respectfully suggest -- as @1PW has already done -- that contacting the Help Desk >>HERE<< is the preferred means to correct license issues.

Thank you,

yes, i know.

i did put in a ticket for this issue too. that's my fix until the help desk can fix my issue.

Thanks for the clarification. :)

For the record, one other tip to obviate the need to roll back to version 2.1.6, if you have not already used the 2.1.8 Trial on this computer:

In the interim, you may wish to perform a CLEAN REINSTALL of MBAM -- the setup wizard will offer by default a 14-day Trial with the full, premium features, while you sort out the licensing issues. (1 Trial per PC per MBAM program version)

Cheers,

In my case doing a clean removal and installing 2.1.8 did not help, I chose the option to activate the Premium trial, but still the option to turn on protection is disabled and I cannot turn it on. I did receive a response from support, they wanted my installation keys which is fine with me, but the also wanted to know the e-mail address I used to purchase the product 4 years ago which by now I did not remember which one I used. They said if I purchased from a re-seller I would have to contact them for support.

I dug up the original invoice and sent them the information about the e-mail address, etc. but have not heard back; my system is basically without protection for a product I purchased legally. I tried a couple of alternatives, but none are as good as MBAM.

With a developer supported clean uninstall not working I would say their program does have a glitch and an update will most likely resolve the issue.

@acmeseed:

Sorry you are still having license validation problems.

The issue with being unable to turn on real-time protection with a valid Premium license or the Trial version may be unrelated to the license problem.

And, you have your own topic HERE

We here in the forum cannot directly resolve the license issue.

Only a staff member can do that, and it's normally done via the Help Desk.

As you have your own, separate thread, I suggest that the discussion continue there, rather than here in this busy thread, with multiple interlopers.

We might be able to determine why you cannot turn on real-time protection (assuming that you now have either a valid replacement Premium license or a Trial version).

Thank you,

I know you cannot help me resolve the issue, but I was responding to the statement that going back to 2.1.6 was not a good idea and that this is not a 2.1.8 program problem.

I now believe this is indeed a program problem, this is what I did since posting my previous message:

Did a clean removal using the tool supplied by MalwareBytes.

Installed 2.1.6, was able to successfully activate it with my license and get real time protection to work. 

I then installed the upgrade to 2.1.8 this broke the program, I now get the 403 error related to the license.

I am now going to go back to 2.1.6 with which I at least get real-time protection to work and I will pursue trying to get help with the support team at Malwarebytes.

Thank you.

Hi:

Sorry, but there is a misunderstanding.

There is not a problem with the program, for valid licenses.

The "403" error message means that there is a problem with the license itself.

That message can only be resolved by help from Malwarebytes staff.  They are the only ones who can work with you to correct the problem. That work cannot be performed directly here in the public forum.

Thank you again,

I guess you did not read my response carefully enough. If there is a problem with my license, how can I successfully activate the program version 2.1.6 using my license, but as soon as I install the update to 2.1.8 it breaks it?

Would it not be logical that if my license was busted it would not activate with any version of the program?

BTW: Between my last post and now I received a response from MBAM support acknowledging that this is a known issue, but that the source/fix varies and they will try to figure out why mine is busted.

Hi:

Yes, I read and understood everything in your posts. :)

BTW: Between my last post and now I received a response from MBAM support acknowledging that this is a known issue, but that the source/fix varies and they will try to figure out why mine is busted.

Excellent!
I'm sure that the Malwarebytes Support staff will work with you to correct your issue.

Thank you again and take care,

Hello:

i am experiencing same issue on my system... windows10 64bit pro
after updating to 2.1.8 license were rejected, i got error code 404 said installation token not found

someone on office need to fix this asap

Please refer to this advice, which also applies to the "404" error you are seeing:

Hi:

Sorry, but there is a misunderstanding.
There is not a problem with the program, for valid licenses.
The "403" error message means that there is a problem with the license itself.

That message can only be resolved by help from Malwarebytes staff. They are the only ones who can work with you to correct the problem. That work cannot be performed directly here in the public forum.

Thank you again,

If you do not already have a help desk ticket, you may open one HERE

Thank you,

• 1 year later...