Sorry you are having these problems. If you prefer we can try a remote support session.

Saber,to get mine going after Pedros latest minor upgrade i had to go into Task manager and start it manually in services right at the end of the task manager page,then via the link in services i went to the services page and made sure that it was set to automatic.it has been fine since.

Uninstalled MBAE , rebooted and installed the new paid version and so far its working just fine. That was two days ago and so far everything is working, Thanks

Stopped working on W10 for a couple days for me, problem solved, back to W7, yesterdays update in W10 was problematic, wouldn't work, blue screen, repair failed so had to revert, may try again in a few months, this auto update thing is going to cause problems.

Sorry you are having these problems. If you prefer we can try a remote support session.

HELP! I wanted to update anti-exploit because it wouldn't start or it couldn't even start when I tried manually.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall but I have come across a problem.

I downloaded the latest version and it seems to be running (going to restart to see if it starts on reboot)

and the problem is I can't delete the old folder in the Program Files (x86) because it says:

"This action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program"

The folder is empty and the only file in there is mbae64.sys

I tried to rename it and delete it but it still won't let me.

Yes the same file is in the new folder with the (so far) working ant-exploit

---Update---

ok so it looks like the new install was using that file from the old folder.

I just cut and pasted and replaced the same file in the new folder and all is good.

I deleted the old folder and anti-exploit is still running

P.S. going back to LinusTechTips if you need me ;)

With ref to my previous posts: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/171122-not-working-after-upgrade-to-windows-10/?p=981809 I'd like to say that within the last three days, MBAE has started loading normally. Thank you pbust (and everyone else)

From my standpoint, I'd like to say that it started loading after some Windows updates. Not being a technical person; I'm not sure (i.e., no idea) which updates helped, or indeed, if they helped at all. But if there's anyone else who faces this problem despite the official steps/process to fix the problem - try updating Windows first?

Following the prior post, I uninstalled anti-exploit, downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled it. It will not start even to activate it. Instead I receive a Windows 10 message that the task has been terminated.

What now?

followed these instructions:

please perform a couple of reboots to see if it comes back. It probably has to do with an incomplete upgrade of MBAE.

If that doesn't work, do the following:

1- Reboot
2- Uninstall MBAE from Control Panel
3- Reboot
4- Download and re-install from https://downloads.ma...s.org/file/mbae

plus removed "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit" before 3- reboot

mbae works right after install, but fails to start after rebooting

tried this twice

Hi Pickleman51.

Can you please post your FRST logs? Instructions can be found in the "readme first" link in my signature.

Pedro just a quick question,i have noticed on all of my computers that if i restart or shut down all computers that on reload if i switch on Firefox,a little banner comes out from side of computer saying exploit is protecting computer like it used to do on 7 or 8.1,but if the computers are put in sleep mode when you restart and you open Firefox the banner does not appear,the little icon says it is running and expect Firefox is protected but just checking.if i open up microsoft outlook it shows the protection banner in any sleep,restart or shutdown mode so i know exploit is working,just wondering about Firefox not confirming the exploit protection after sleep mode,this is on 3 computers.

also when is there going to be a update for Edge protection,which in the UK is a vast improvement on IP.

Thanks for the logs Pickleman51. There's so much installed on your PC that it's hard to figure out where to start looking.

After rebooting do you get a "protection not started" popup message?

If so, what happens if you wait 5-10 mins and then try to manually run MBAE from Start, Menu, etc.?

Are you open to a remote support session to see what's going on?

After about ten minutes of mbae running a message saying "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Protection is not started. The Anti-Exploit process will be terminated"  pops up. I am flummoxed, what am I doing wrong?

after rebooting comp, get popup mbae not started, ran from start menu, shows as stopped in services, started the service and seems to be working now

also, quit chrome after posting previous post ten restarted chrome but dont get mbae protection popup, which does come up for firefox, edge and acrobat

corrected that issue, closed chrome, stopped mbae service, closed mbae process, started mbae from start menu, retarted mbae service, working now

for chrome, etc

Great, thanks for confirming Pickleman51. The issue with the balloon notification not showing is known and is fixed already in the upcoming MBAE 1.08. Also the Win10 issue will be fixed there as well. Please stay tuned for that.