I just upgrade to Windows 10 too and Anti-Exploit does not run. The first thing I did was look here, not try to fix issue.  I use Bitdefender. In upgrading to Windows 10 after the reboot, without going to all the details, Bitdfender tells you need to have the version for Windows 10 installed. It then unistalls the installed version and downloads the new version. Somewhere in the processs a message pops up that says Malwarebytes Anti-exploit is conflicting with something and then it disables it or something before continuing. So in my case at least, something was done to anti-exploit by Bitdefender. From my prior experience with their support they do not like having other product running so contacting them would be a waste of time and it is likely not ther problem anyway. So I want to add me to the list of people that anti-exploit does not work. I am going to wait to see what the solution is before I try anything as I do not want to confuse things and create any new problems with the uprade.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staff

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting DrewMal7.

Do you recall if the message to disable MBAE came from BitDefender or from Windows 10?

Can you please download and run the mbae-support.exe tool and attach here (More Reply Options button below) the resulting mbae-default.log which can be found in C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit?

Thanks!

I really not sure other that it happened during the Bitdefender process. I do notice one thing, that may or may not be important, but Bitdefender on My Win 8.1 (same laptop) after the Microsoft upgrade for SSL, had to have their SCAN SSL toggled off or I could not get access to any https sites. Their support kept telling me uninstall both Malwarebytes programs as they felt that would be a solution and pretty much said I should not use them at the same time as Bitdefender. I got fed up to be honest between Bitdefender support and Malwarebytes illusive responses with no one talking claim to the issue so I just stood with my own solution to toggle their SCAN SSL off. Now here is why that is part of the story, the new version of bitdefender has the SCAN SSL back on by default, and there is no Anti-exploit running, and it appears I have no problem accessing the sites. So maybe there was a conflict.I will try later today to do what you asked with the logs but I just got back from vacation and trying to catch up with things.

Pedro i have been to the start menu and enabled every thing ,did a restart and no mbae,looked on services on task manager again,and again it said stopped,i then right clicked on the file and started it and then in same location pressed restart,straightawy it changed to stopped,whether it is supposed to do that i do not know,but it certainly is not restarting,at least for the time being i know what to do to get it going again and will keep my eye on the thread to see if there is a solution.

• Staff

@mistertonmick, as we got your logs already, try re-installing the application:

1- Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit directory

2- Uninstall MBAE from Control Panel

3- Reboot

4- Delete the C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit directory

5- Download and re-install MBAE from https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbae

just the same,as soon as you reboot computer the service is off to Malwarebytes services,clicking on to the Malwarebytes icon switches on the malware protection but had to go into task manager to restart MBAE.

another tip,after spending a few hours trying to delete the x86 files I did what you asked but deleted the programm data files first.the x86 files then deleted.

sounds like I am not the only one having fun.

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum.

Can you post logs please? Instructions in the readme first link in my signature.

After posting logs try a fresh reinstall:

1- Close all running apps

3- Delete C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit directory

4- Reboot

5- Download and install the latest version from our website

where do I find them in Windows 10?

@mistertonmick, as we got your logs already, try re-installing the application:

1- Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit directory

3- Reboot

4- Delete the C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit directory

5- Download and re-install MBAE from https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbae

you should tell people that the ProgramData folder is a hidden folder and how to unhide it

to get the x86 file,open the my computer icon,click on your local disk C drive, look for programm x86 file,open it and delete the anti exploit file.the programm data file you have to type in at the this pc search bar above the files and like Pedro says delete that.if you are like me you have had it working before restarting computer,try opening task manager and look for services,scroll down to the mbae file and right click on it if it has stopped and restart it,this is my problem and may not be yours but if it is try not to restart your PC and use sleep.  

this I hope is a temporary solution until Pedro and the Staff find a fix.

Hopefully, I've done this correctly.

• mbae-support.exe - mbae-default.log - attached
  • MBAE Services - Automatic
  • Event Viewer - Now you're getting to my limit of expertise.  I haven't worked with Event View for years.  I exported what I think is correct and the file extension was *.evtx.  Your forum blocked the upload.  I'm going to need some help exporting what you need from Windows 10.

post-160870-0-61255800-1438651307_thumb.

mbae-default.log