• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated to Windows 10 last night, seemed like MBAE was working fine after the update, this morning I started computer and icon in taskbar was missing, clicked on icon on desktop, nothing, couple of minutes later a box appeared saying MBAE was going to be terminated. Couldn't get the program to  open. So tried a re-install, still wouldn't work. Wanted to try a re-install again, this time I wanted to delete any MBAE folders and anything I could find in the registry. I could not delete the MBAE folder in Program Files(x86) says folder was being used in another program, no way I could figure out a way to delete it. Tried re-install anyways, still not working. Help please.

downloaded windows 10 to laptop,message comes up anti exploit has stopped working,no icon,app will not open so uninstalled and went into my pc,tried to uninstall in progamm x86 file but it refuses saying that it is being used in another programm even after uninstall,then i reinstalled using program files as destination and it works,but unlike my other pc it refuses still to uninstall in x86,what do i do now,on my previous thread i followed your instruction and uninstalled in x86 and it worked,then i reinstalled in x86 and then deleted the other file,well at this moment in time i cannot delete the x86 file,and have no idea how you find running apps in windows 10,i tried stopping protection but that does not work either.

eventually cracked it,did it in reverse,deleted the file in x86 first and then deleted in programm and features,then reinstalled and it is working,it may be advisable to uninstall anti exploit before installing windows 10,and then reinstalling after windows 10 is installed.

malwarebytes malware protection is not a problem.

Noticed from tme to time Icon in Tray is missing and unable to tell if protection is enabled.  When I click on the MBAE exe file, nothing happens.  Task Manager shows MBAE Running.  Uninstalled MBAE via Control Panel.  Reinstall goes normally, but can execute MBAE.exe file nor is there a tray icon.  Uninstalled again.  Can't delete C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Malware Anti-Exploit - receive message:  "Action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program."  Checked AppData folder.  Can't find any reference to Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit in Regedit or any combination of that search.

Tech support sent me a mbae uninstall tool when machine was Windows 8.1 which sort of worked.  Unfortunately, I can't located that file to see if it works in Windows 10 and haven't been able to find it on this forum or Malwarebytes home pages

Would appreciate any help.  Like what the program is supposed to do, but if it isn't consistent then might as well cancel my subscription.

Dan Barkley

• Staff

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum.

Can you post logs please? Instructions in the readme first link in my signature.

After posting logs try a fresh reinstall:

1- Close all running apps

2- Uninstall MBAE from Control Panel

3- Delete C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit directory

4- Reboot

5- Download and install the latest version from our website

• Staff

Can you post logs please? Instructions in the readme first link in my signature.

After posting logs try a fresh reinstall:

1- Close all running apps

2- Uninstall MBAE from Control Panel

3- Delete C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit directory

4- Reboot

5- Download and install the latest version from our website

i hope i have sent it right,please let me know,i had a glimpse how the hell do you work that out.

i am again stuck in trying to remove  the file from x86,it says there is a file or folder open,i have checked with task manager and it says i have no running apps.

Pedro,my first computer in which i put my other thread on is still working fine even after restart,and my other brand new laptop changed to windows 10 without any hitch with mbae.