Stevie D

[SOLVED] Browsers not opening with MBAE & Kaskpersky 16 (Firefox XPCOM)

Hi,

First off, I love this product, but:

As of today my browsers failed to open. I couldn't see an error in normal window logs but it appears the culprit is MAE. (Disabling all my other active applications had no effect)

There is no MAE pop up saying something has been blocked, the browsers simply fail to load up. 

Operating System and other software:

• Windows 7 x64
  • Kaspersky Total security (Latest version).
  • Malwarebytes Anti Exploit (1.07.1.1015)
  • Malwarebytes Anti Malware Premium (v2015.11.4.5)
  • Secunia PSI

----

I just disable MAE while I open my browser, then re-enable. *shrugs* I assume MAE still works at this point?

Regards,

cu_sith.

Hi,

Whoops, I should have read the known conflicts post more carefully.

I've downloaded the new MAE Beta (1.08.1.1044) and it fixed the problem. *yay*

Regards,

Cu_sith.

My apologies, but I really don't have a clue.  I have honestly tried reading the topics - I even found one that outlined the problem I am having.  But, I am a non-techie (to say the very very least) and I am a little frustrated.  Sending logs....no idea what that means.  Install beta version - no idea.  I just installed this today - so I am questioning why I would have to install a different version (if I knew how)

So my problem is that neither Chrome nor Firefox will open.  When I click on them I get a message from AE that says they are protected, but they won't open.

If someone could explain things in plain language to me I would greatly appreciate it.  I don't want to have to uninstall the product. 

Any assistance is very greatly appreciated.