Emsisoft Sux

_CyberghosT_

A friend posted on a site that I frequent a link to this post on the Emsisoft blog ( http://blog.emsisoft.com/2015/07/27/leaked-files-from-state-sponsored-hackers-reveal-which-protection-their-trojans-cant-get-past/) and wondered if he should buy their product based on this post.

I informed my friend that no they should not buy Emsisofts product based on that post and that I felt it was only highlighted to scare people into thinking that they "need" Emsisoft product to feel safe.

To me this is the worst advertising format in the world. I feel that companies that sink to this level to bolster sales are truely crappy.

I posted my feelings on the Emsisoft blog and got banned for it.

Below is my initial reply, Maybe I got banned from the blog because of my willingness to stand up and mention Malwarebytes :)

" lol, nothing more than scare tactics to promote a product. They count on you taking this literal.
I would gladly take this test just running Malwarebytes Pro alone with no antivirus in place.
Emsisoft's scores are so far below the national average that they would rather have you focus on this bit of information thats produced "in house". "

My judgement would be that, if a company has to do this to bolster sales, stay away far away. PeAcE "

Did I honeasly diserve a ban for this ?

Hello:

Welcome.

<just a home user here>

I'm sure you're upset.

This board is owned and operated by Malwarebytes for the support of its products and customers.

We regular members are always *guests* of forum owners and must abide by their rules.

Moreover, I'm not sure this is the appropriate venue for an inflammatory post about another security software vendor.

Nor would anyone here -- staff or volunteers or regular members -- have any "say" in actions taken by Emsisoft staff at their own forum.

I expect the forum staff here may have additional feedback.

Thank you,

P.S.

Terms of Use How To Behave On An Internet Forum

Emsisoft's scores are so far below the national average that they would rather have you focus on this bit of information thats produced "in house". "

Just going to address this comment by posting the results of the latest report from AV-Comparatives.

frNqz3F.png

No idea of where you get the "below national average" part to be honest, can you explain it to me?

I would gladly take this test just running Malwarebytes Pro alone with no antivirus in place.

You cannot compare an Antivirus and an Antimalware.

Edit: Like daledoc1 said, I'm also just a home user. I do not represent Malwarebytes nor Emsisoft, I just speak from my own experience and knowledge.

wow, ok so i tried to delete it but seeing it was replied to it does not appear that I can, so maybe an admin can delete the post ?

I am well aware of how to "conduct myself" on any forum my comment was more on the advertising practices of some software venders.

I too am a long time Malwarebytes paid subscriber, and "home user"

My post as stated above was more geared twords the "marketing" aspect of the story. But seeing how you found those beautiful scores they received, why did they not focus on that aspect to push their product ? That to seems like the kind of thing you sing from the roof tops to sell your product right ?

Why bring the secret hacker list into it and make it appear that only their product is good enough to defend aginst it ?

Its almost laughable to me.

The article inpart shows that only Emsisoft was blacklisted, no other was worth worrying about, and it does not validate this claim by showing the whole list, only highlighted portions of the list.

This story is and was designed to infer to the reader that Emsisoft is the only worthy software for dealing with this type of trogen set.

I know now and have learned my lesson on posting this kind of thing here beleive me.

In hind sight, as much as I love my Malwarebytes I should have left this over at the forums it was originally brought to my attention on. PeAcE

The article inpart shows that only Emsisoft was blacklisted, no other was worth worrying about, and it does not validate this claim by showing the whole list, only highlighted portions of the list.

This story is and was designed to infer to the reader that Emsisoft is the only worthy software for dealing with this type of trogen set.

Not at all. Read the article once again. Emsisoft clearly mention the Antivirus companies which products managed to detect Hacking Team's trojan and the FinFisher malware.

1. Vendors that detect Hacking Team’s trojan

Emsisoft was able to block the Hacking Team trojan and was given the great honor of being blacklisted as a result! Sophos and CMC AV were the other programs that Hacking Team blacklisted. Comodo and Rising also did a great job by detecting and blocking Hacking Team’s trojans in most cases. A few other vendors showed “not-so-worrysome” popups for Hacking Team, while all other vendors were not able to detect the trojan at all.

2. Vendors that detect Finfisher’s malware

Emsisoft Anti-Malware, Comodo Internet Security, Outpost Security Suite Pro and Trusport Total Security are the only vendors that were able to detect Finspy’s full trojan in all cases.

Emsisoft didn't take all the credits for themself and they clearly outlined the companies and products that can stop these two malware. So I fail to see how they are trying to shamelessly push their product on you in this article.

Also, I'm still waiting for you to show me where Emsisoft "scores are so far below the national average that they would rather have you focus on this bit of information thats produced "in house". " Which "national average"? For the US? Canada? Australia? France? Russia? China? When you make claims like that, it would help if you could provide proofs to back them up.