meatkakes

[SOLVED] ASUS conflict generating IE/FF Anti-HeapSpraying & Chrome flicker

I installed MBAE a few days ago, and when I start up chrome, the outer window or tab bar I guess (the colored portion, blue or whatever color you set your task bar to) will flicker. From the color it's set to, to gray and back again. It does this instantly, and not on a new tab window. It doesn't do this on every page, and it usually happens on a web page with a video, like youtube. It'll only do this once on a page also. It's only a slight annoyance and if it's a bug, I don't care if it does this.

I've tried reinstalling the program and disabling my avast antivirus free to see if there was a conflict (there wasn't any effect).

The antivirus programs I have installed are:

Avast Antivirus Free

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit Beta (I understand that this doesn't install a program on the computer)

Emsisoft Emergency Kit (This also doesn't install a program)

TDSS Killer (This doesn't install a program)

By the way, I'm experiencing the chrome bug where it doesn't show as protected nor does it show on the logs.

Really all I want to know is whether this is okay, or if my computer is infected.

Hi and welcome:

While we wait for expert help from @pbust, I suggest that you might want to start by please reading this pinned topic HERE.

Then, please post back here in this thread with the requested logs (the zipped MBAE logs and both logs from FRST).

They will provide the information he will need to better assist you. :)

Thank you,

I just noticed that all the check marks for whitelists were checked. Do I need to uncheck those and run a new scan?

Hi, meatkakes:

I see that you also have topics in the MBAR section here and in the malware removal section here.

Please stay with @kevinf80, your malware helper, in your topic in that section and follow all his advice until he gives you the "all clear".

(Assuming, of course, @pbust doesn't have any other advice for you re: your MBAE installation. ;) )

Cheers,

Thanks for confirming. Let's try one more thing to troubleshoot:

1- Stop MBAE protection and open Chrome

2- Disable all Chrome extensions (not uninstall) and close Chrome

3- Start MBAE protection and open Chrome

4- Does the flicker continue?

5- If the flicker doesn't continue, stop protection, open Chrome and enable only 1 extension.

6- Repeat steps 3-5.

The objective is to find if one of the Chrome extensions is conflicting with MBAE and creating the flicker.

Hello, 

today as i try to start my firefox browser it has been blocked instant from AntiExploit, but with no detailed reason...

1438072958.png

...how can i find out the problem?

Please provide the MBAE and FRST logs.

Instructions can be found in the readme first link in my signature.

I installed the update last night for pro version.  Upon boot up this morning I received the same exploit on firefox.  I couldn't open ff or IE.  I did a system restore and have the browsers back but  anti exploit is gone.

Welcome to the forum mph101.

Please re-install Anti-Exploit after downloading the latest version from our website. If the problem persists please provide the MBAE and FRST logs as mentioned in the "readme first" link in my signature.

I'm seeing exactly the same problem with exactly the same MBAE dialog - it first happened yesterday. When it happened, I uninstalled Firefox, downloaded and re-installed the latest MBAE, then reinstalled the latest Firefox. After that Firefox worked correctly for the rest of the day. However, this morning when I booted my machine and tried to launch Firefox, I get exactly the same MBAE dialog as yesterday. For the time being I have disabled MBAE.

Zipped logs attached.

mbae.zip

Welcome to the forum NickPayne. Can you please also post the FRST logs? Instructions can be found in the readme first link in my signature.

Thanks for the logs NickPayne.

Can you please disable all the Firefox addons and try again? If the problem disappears, re-enable the addons one by one until finding if there is a conflict with one of the addons.

If the addons are not the root of the problem, try closing the applications you have running. I see for example the Directory Opus from GPSoftware could be a potential conflict as well.

Please let us know the results of your tests.

Well, I disabled all FF add-ons, rebooted machine, Firefox started no problem, then enabled the add-ons one by one, restarting FF after each add-on. FF continued to run without any problem with all add-ons enabled. I then conducted a further test:

1. Boot the machine, try to run Firefox (all add-ons enabled), get the MBAE blocking dialog and Firefox doesn't start.

2. Right-click on MBAE system tray dialog and stop protection.

3. Start Firefox and then close it.

4. Right-click on MBAE system tray dialog and start protection.

5. Start Firefox and it runs without MBAE complaining.

Ran this procedure twice with the same results each time. I also found that if I omit step 3 (ie just stop and start MBAE protection without running Firefox in between), then I still get the MBAE blocking dialog on the second and subsequent attempts to run Firefox. So it looks like the problem isn't the FF add-ons per se, but something else.

Thanks for the report NickPayne.

Can you also run some tests by closing other running programs? I saw in your FRST logs there were quite a few programs running.

Can you close the programs that autostart to see if any of those are conflicting with MBAE and Firefox?

Sorry for late response, was a busy day...

After restarting my machine firefox was starting without being blocked my MBAE, just wondering because i changed nothing.

Just the IE will be blocked since a longer time, i ignored that because i don´t use IE but it would be nice if i find the reason too

Here are my logs...

MBAW Support.zip

After rebooting yesterday anti exploit operated properly.   I did not remove it and re install it, I didn't change a thing.  Today upon booting I received the op pop up once again and couldn't open FF or IE.  Even though it said the exploit was in FF, it won't open IE either.  I turned off my paid pro anti exploit and the browsers are working.  I will check the program to see if I can manually install any more updates, over auto updates.  Then I wait to see if the updated version works.  Generally I like the program  but since using it I now have 6 exploits caught.  Thankfully they were all false because of and occur after the updates.  This program needs real work  and frankly maybe the free one is all that I will use in the future.

Was it solved in all cases after a reboot or are you still getting alerts?