Databases 0.0.0.0?

Hi.

I just reinstalled Malwarebytes and the Protection Log showed the Domain, IP, and AKA IP and AKA Domain Databases starting out with 0.0.0.0. Is that normal?

Please respond soon.

Thank you.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. It's just that I haven't seen this before so I wanted to clarify. 

Its not a dumb question.  It is definitely worth noting and getting an answer for. We just have to wait for someone who can tell us the answer.  I would worry more about the "bad md5" because that may indicate a bigger problem, BUT let's wait for someone who can speak with authority.

Its not a dumb question.  It is definitely worth noting and getting an answer for. We just have to wait for someone who can tell us the answer.  I would worry more about the "bad md5" because that may indicate a bigger problem, BUT let's wait for someone who can speak with authority.

I thought the bad md5 wasn't a problem and was expected after initial update. https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/169900-bad-md5-or-size-messages-during-update-to-218-premium-malware/

And besides, I was starting to wonder if the databases starting at 0.0.0.0 was just normal since I reinstalled Malwarebytes.

Hi:

You wrote:

I just reinstalled Malwarebytes and the Protection Log showed the Domain, IP, and AKA IP and AKA Domain Databases starting out with 0.0.0.0. Is that normal?

Yes, that is normal when first installing MBAM.

----------------

Thanks for those logs. :)

They show that you installed MBAM yesterday.
Is that correct?

Until a staff member or forum expert has a chance to review them, I don't see anything obviously amiss with those logs.

If you could, please post back with the PROTECTION LOGS from yesterday and from today, as attachments to your next reply here in this thread (instructions follow below).

Thanks for your patience,
----------------

How to get SCAN logs or PROTECTION logs:
(Export log to save as a txt file for posting in the forum when requested)

• Open MBAM.
  • Click on the HISTORY tab > APPLICATION LOGS.
  • Double-click on the SCAN LOG which shows the date and time of the scan just performed (or the one you are asked to post), OR on the PROTECTION LOG showing the detection you are reporting (or the one that you are asked to post).
  • Click EXPORT.
  • Click TEXT FILE (*.txt)
  • In the "Save File" dialog box which appears, click on DESKTOP.
  • In the FILE NAME box, type a name for your scan log.
  • A message box named "File Saved" should appear, stating that "Your file has been successfully exported".
  • Click OK.
  • Please attach the saved log to your next reply here in this thread.

Hi:

Thanks for those. :)

We'll need to wait for a forum staff member or expert to weigh in, but I don't see anything obviously abnormal for MBAM Free.

Please be patient, as it is the weekend.

Until then, please feel free to post back if you observe any further peculiar behavior.

Cheers,