[SOLVED] Chrome/IE not showing balloon/log as protected

axe0

I just downloaded and installed the newest version of MAE.

When testing for the protection of my mostly used programs I noticed that Google Chrome isn't getting protection logs or possibly even protection. In de log tab and popup the other programs (musicbee, outlook, firefox) are logged except for Google Chrome.

I had removed MAE and installed the latest version again, but the same problem appeared.

(If any extra information is required, please ask  :))

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staff

OK so the protection seems to be working.

So now that we've discarded the protection, what you mean is that the "protection event" is not being logged in the UI->Logs tab or the system tray balloon messages. Is that correct? Can you post a screenshot of your UI->Logs tab and UI->Settings tab?

• Staff

OK replicated. Initially it does log to UI and shows the protection balloon the first time you run Chrome after a reboot. But all the times thereafter it does not show it, until the next reboot.

Thanks for reporting this. We'll be investigating further.

Hi 

I guess I have the same issue?

Yesterday my MBAE free updated to version 1.07.1.1015. 

1. I've just noticed that when I launch Google Chrome there is no longer System Tray Balloon pop up displayed anymore.

2. Also When I open MBAE program and click on the "Logs" tab, Google Chrome is not logged as being protected.

Internet Explorer displays the Balloon in the System Tray and it gets Logged in the MBAE interface when it is launched.

I am using Internet Explorer 11 on a system running Windows 7 Professional 7 64 bit and have the same issue with the "NEW" MBAE 1015.

Can you please post yor MBAE logs?

Thanks!

I don't know how to do that. Can you please explain how to do it? I can "see" the Logs, but there is NO option to copy or save???

Check the instructions found in the "readme first" link in my signature.

Unfortunately, I am NOT a computer "Expert". Perhaps I am "computer retarded". I looked at your "readme first" link, and I still couldn't find any way to "post your MBAE logs" as you requested. Please provide me with the step-by-step instructions

• Staff

Try this:

1- Open your Windows Explorer.

2- Click on the top navigation pane

3- Type "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit" and hit enter

4- Select all files on the right-hand side and add them to a ZIP (right-click Send To -> Compressed zipped folder)

5- Attach here the ZIP archive by clicking on the "More Reply Options" at the bottom-right of this page and choose the Upload File option.

6- Click Post

Try this:

1- Open your Windows Explorer.

2- Click on the top navigation pane

3- Type "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit" and hit enter

4- Select all files on the right-hand side and add them to a ZIP (right-click Send To -> Compressed zipped folder)

5- Attach here the ZIP archive by clicking on the "More Reply Options" at the bottom-right of this page and choose the Upload File option.

6- Click Post

Thanks for your patience and taking your time to provide very lucid step-by-step instructions. I "think" I did it!!!

What does the ZIP file tell you? Does it provide the answer that you were looking for?

Best regards,

Richard

mbae-default.log.zip