Oh Gosh! Four Zero Day Vulnerabilities Disclosed in Internet Explorer

ShyWriter

Oh Gosh! Four Zero Day Vulnerabilities Disclosed in Internet Explorer

Friday, July 24, 2015 Swati Khandelwal

internet-explorer-browser-zeroday-exploi

How many Zero-Days do you think could hit Microsoft today? Neither one nor two; this times its Four.

The Hewlett-Packard's Zero-Day Initiative (ZDI) has disclosed four new zero-day vulnerabilities in Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser that could be exploited to remotely execute malicious code on victim's machine.

All the four zero-days originally were reported to Microsoft, affecting Internet Explorer on the desktop. However, later it was discovered that the zero-day vulnerabilities affected Internet Explorer Mobile on Windows Phones as well.

Each of the four zero-day flaws affects different components of the browser, and all are remotely... (More)

Steve

• Root Admin

Thanks Steve

Some people have a lot of free time on their hands debugging all this code looking for flaws. So if you win $5K for a bug challenge that's great but if you spent 6 months finding it wouldn't it be easier to have a real job. LOL I know that's simplifying it but I know I don't have time to spend all day, day after day putting code through analyzers looking for flaws.

Thanks Steve

Some people have a lot of free time on their hands debugging all this code looking for flaws.

Heck Ron.. I don't even have to go looking for bugs.. They always seem to find me first! :P:D

On a serious note tho' I've always wished I had the skills of a master hacker (whitehat; of course) and do that kind of stuff. Kind of like Tsutomu Shimomura who caught Kevin Mitnick. (Or Walter Obrien of Scorpion Computer Services - TV show SCORPION is very loosely based on his real life)

Steve,

The master cracker (Saltine® with sea salt, of course)