Updating Database Issues

Let me explain a few things. I usually take decent care of my PC, especially from malware (hence I use Malwarebytes  ^_^), but recently I let my son use the computer for what every he wanted to be honest. Once I had returned to my PC, it had a few toolbars, constant redirects/popups on chrome, as well as it randomly crashing, and a few new applications on my desktop. I don't want to know how they got there, I want to get rid of them. But here is my problem, Malwarebytes now thinks that my database is out of date - 

ejbwy9.png

and

zm1cgk.jpg

But every time I go to update the database it tells me it is up-to-date or no updates were found, then tells me to update soon afterwards. I am going to assume that this is what ever my son has done to the poor PC, but I am not sure. I really would like to scan and get this thing cleaned up, any ideas or help?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hello RyanHope1987 and :welcome:

Before any other steps are taken, please capture the following information gathering data for Experts/Staffers:

• Please read the topic Diagnostic Logs and then individually ATTACH the 3 requested logs in your next reply to this thread only.
  • The 3 files, from Step 1, to be individually ATTACHED from your desktop are CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please do not Zip or Copy and Paste them into a reply. Please do not alter, any FRST categories as they are pre-configured for this forum.

Thank You.

Actually if you already have signs of toolbars and popups it's probably best that you have someone assist you in checking and if need be clean the computer.

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

Thank you

Archived