Help with MBAE

pszilard

Hi just bought key for anti-exploit.

Q1: Is CryptoPrevent from FoolishIT no longer required and should be removed, or keep them both?

Q2: I can't see a way to add any Exclusions to Anti-Exploit (for CryptoPrevent, or any other). The Exclusions window has no Add function or button!

Cheers,

• Staff

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting pszilard.

Re: ransomware, Anti-Exploit will prevent the infection if the infection vector is via exploits. But I recommend you also run MBAM Premium to complement Anti-Exploit. Also if I'm not mistaken recently CryptoMonitor was made free and I think it's a better solution than CryptoPrevent. You might want to give that a try -> https://easysyncsolutions.com/CryptoMonitorDetails

As for exclusions, those can only be added upon a detection in the LOGS tab showing a binary payload. If you ever get such a detection you'll be able to select it in the LOGS tab and choose the Exclude button.

PS: moving this thread to the Questions sub-forum.