Install FAIL v2.18 or 2016

My laptop won't update 32bit apps due to an impairment but I've been running mbam v 2.04 with manual updates when available. Today I tried to update to version 2.18...after several runtime errors, I tried version 2.16...same problem. I did a search and fund a recommendation on the forum to use mbam-clean.exe to uninstall prior mbam version...then install the new version. I did so but still could not install the new version. I tried the install from safe mode..still get runtime errors. I don't have this problem installing other software on this PC. At this point I have no mbam installed...would have been better off staying with version 2.04, although at this point that might not reinstall. If it does, I'll update this post. 

Any suggestions?

Posting logs...this is the same kind of rabbit hole I went down when the 32-bit impairment 1st developed...I learned from that experience not to waste time trying to fix the unfixable.

I was able to install MBAM v2.04...the same version I had before trying to update to 2.18...It installed without a hitch...I used the 7/2/15 mbam2 rules to update it and it's happily scanning as I post this.

I'll try to install an mbam update again in 6 months..maybe the runtime error problem will be fixed.