Jump to content

2.1.8.1057 database update fails on Windows 7


Recommended Posts

I've updated to 2.1.8.1057 on 2 Win7 PCs and 1 Win8.1 PC.

 

It took several minutes for the initial database update on the Win8.1 PC - then back to normal after that & continues to work fine.

 

Both Win7 PCs behaved the same way (but completely different apps on the 2 PCs) - database update either stops after several minutes with a 'can't access update server' or just stalls on 'searching for updates'. i've left both PCs for more than 30 min & the database never updates. Reverted both PCs to 2.1.6.1022. and now they work fine.

 

Based on my experience & the other posts on the forum it looks like there might be a compatability problem with Mbam 2.1.8.1057 and Win7 and below...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same issue. Please see my post a couple below yours -

 

"V2.18 Won't work, Where to get V2.16?".

 

1PW was kind enough to provide a link to download V2.16 which got me working again. First thing I did once I got it working was to turn off the option to check for program updates when checking for new database updates.

 

Here is the link https://malwarebytes.app.box.com/s/gk5n0e2pneoctdhdk9syuhl63fhw6n3z

 
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am using the newest version of MBAM on three different Windows 7 computers as well as a Windows 8.1 computer.  There is not a compatibility issue.  There may be an issue with an update server, and if that's the case, it would only affect people who home to that specific server based on their location.

 

Going back to an old version is not the answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am using the newest version of MBAM on three different Windows 7 computers as well as a Windows 8.1 computer.  There is not a compatibility issue.  There may be an issue with an update server, and if that's the case, it would only affect people who home to that specific server based on their location.

 

Going back to an old version is not the answer.

Thanks, good to know it's working for some on Win7 - if that's the case then i might be able to update successfully using a VPN i guess, but i'd assume the issue will be resolve if i wait awhile - that is why i reverted to 2.1.6 - not planning on staying with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello rm22:
 
Let's begin by working with only one computer at a time. Please choose one of the computers and perform the following steps:

  • Please try the following and let us know if this corrects your issue: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2.x.
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and individually attach the 3 requested logs in a reply to this thread: Diagnostic Logs.
  • The 3 files, from Step 2, to be individually attached from your desktop are CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please do not Copy and Paste them into a reply.

Please let us know the status of your issue in a reply to this thread.
 
Thank You.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I solved this issue by clicking the check for updates thingy while running malwarebytes as administrator.

my understanding is that MBAM should always be run as admin

 

Hello rm22:

 

Let's begin by working with only one computer at a time. Please choose one of the computers and perform the following steps:

  • Please try the following and let us know if this corrects your issue: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2.x.
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and individually attach the 3 requested logs in a reply to this thread: Diagnostic Logs.
  • The 3 files, from Step 2, to be individually attached from your desktop are CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please do not Copy and Paste them into a reply.

Please let us know the status of your issue in a reply to this thread.

 

Thank You.

thanks for the info - i'll leave it for a bit & see if it works - i doubt the problem is at my end

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you on a dial-up connection?

 

What antivirus and what firewall are you using?

No - DSL

 

PCs

1) Win8.1 , Avast free, Windows FW,  - 2.1.8.1057 works fine

2) Win7, Avast free, Windows FW,  - 2.1.8.1057 doesn't connect

3) Win7, Avast free, Online Armor - 2.1.8.1057 doesn't connect

 

MBAM is excluded in Avast on all 3 & also have anti-executables, anti-exploit, anti-loggers....

Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as you can tell what is different on the 2 Windows 7 boxes?

 

Can I get Diagnostic logs from one of them please.

 

Please read the following and post back the 3 requested logs.

 

Diagnostic Logs

 

Thank you

 

Both Win7 PCs updated fine yesterday & continue to connect fine today - not sure what the issue was, but it seems to have resolved itself. thanks for the help

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.