What certifications do I need to become a Malware Analyst?

DrShade

I've previously posted here on how to get started as a malware analyst, and wanted to say thanks on getting me started. How much do certifications help me in for my resume and which one(s) should I get? Will experience ultimately be better than a cert? And finally, when should I get certified? I'm currently a sophomore studying information assurance, should I wait until I graduate to get certified?

Sorry for the abundance of questions, and thanks for helping.

I am not sure is there is a certification for a malware analyst.  There are certifications for securing a network which is a different side of the coin. 

This includes, but is not limited to, such thinks an Ethical Hacking and Certified Information Systems Security Profession ( CISSP ).

No matter what "certs" you go after, you have to have a strong understanding of software;  programming with interpreters and compilers, script obfuscation, shell codes, malicious actor modus operandi, data files, code injection, C2 and C3, DRM, etc, Yada, yada...