Cryptowall 3.0 Infection - Help Please!

You probably found out that you couldn't restore any of the files, don't delete them

I would delete the attachment and e-mail that caused the infection.

==========================

Download the attached fixlist.txt to the same folder as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe.

Run FRST.exe/FRST64.exe and click Fix only once and wait

The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) in the folder, please post it to your reply.

Please re-scan with FRST and Make sure the Addition Box is checked.

http://www.fixitpc.pl/picasso/images/malware/tools/frst/frst_win05.png

Post or attach the 2 logs FRST.txt and Addition.txt

MrC

fixlist.txt

I tried a system restore after I ran the fix list and it would not recover anything.

You used System Restore???? Not the way to do it

The link below explains possible ways to restore the files:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/cryptowall-ransomware-information#restore

Download the attached fixlist.txt to the same folder as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe.
Run FRST.exe/FRST64.exe and click Fix only once and wait
The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) in the folder, please post it to your reply.

=========================

Let me know how it is. MrC

fixlist.txt

Thanks for your help MrC - tried retrieving files using photorec and then via shadow explorer.  Photrec recovered a great deal of stuff but most of it seems to be junk.... with 50k+ recovered files it will take some sifting before I know if it worked or not.  Is there anything else you might suggest trying? All the best, Edd

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!