Do we have to update manually each program?

StevenOG90

Hey everyone, I'm not just refering to anti-exploit but also to malwarebytes , both free versions, do we have to update the software manually or will we get a notification?

Because today, due to some freezing problems with my pc I uninstalled anti exploit free version and downloaded it again, what I noticed is that I downloaded the new version which included "log protection events" option. So, what if I never downloaded this new version? will I keep using the old anti-exploit without that option? I just want to know, I really like this program. Should I check the website for new updates then?

thanks!

Check the SETTINGS tabs in each to see if you have the notification boxes checked.  If they are unchecked, you will never know without looking.  If checked, programs should notify you.

It says "automatically upgrade to new versions" but I was never notified of it

due to some freezing problems with my pc I uninstalled anti exploit free version and downloaded it again

MBAE Free:

You likely had 1.06.

Then you uninstalled.

When you reinstalled, you downloaded the new 1.07 installer, which is not yet available via the program auto-updater (it is available at the product page).

You "beat it to the punch".

MBAM Free:

It is only a manual scanner.

It does not update databases or program versions automatically, except as part of pre-scan operations for a manual scan.

In order for it to check for PROGRAM updates (which happen a few times a year), as well as for database updates (which happen several times daily), you do need to have the appropriate setting enabled.

Hope this helps,

post-29793-0-73150400-1436306753_thumb.p

Hey daledoc1, thanks for your answer too.  When you say "When you reinstalled, you downloaded the new 1.07 installer, which is not yet available via the program auto-updater (it is available at the product page)."  What do you mean exactly? will it be available soon then? 

Hi:

MBAE Free:

First, if you downloaded version 1.07 from HERE today, then you have the most up-to-date, current version. No worries there.

Second, if you have the program setting enabled (Settings > Automatically Upgrade to New Versions), you will be notified when there is a new program update. These generally happen only several times a year. No worries there, either.

To more specifically answer your last question:

MBAE version 1.07 is a new version that was just released a few days ago.

It is customary in the software industry to "throttle" release of a new version, releasing it to a small number of users at a time.

There are many reasons for this.

Eventually, the new build will be released more widely, so that -- eventually -- everyone will get the update.

In the case of MBAE version 1.07, the Product Manager, pbust, explained HERE:

INSTALLATION

Simply download from our website. The link as always is http://downloads.mal...s.org/file/mbae and you can install on top of your existing installation.

In a week or two we'll start activating the automatic upgrades, so if you prefer not to do anything, simply relax and wait for your MBAE to upgrade itself.

So, for now, 1.07 is available from the product download page for folks who need/want to reinstall or to newly install, or who want to manually update.

Eventually, all MBAE users will get the new build via the auto-updater, if that setting is enabled (checked), as already explained (Settings > Automatically Upgrade to New Versions).

Bottom line:

If you installed 1.07 MANUALLY today and if you have the setting for automatic version upgrades enabled, you are all set.

Hope this helps,