Potentially malicious file reappearing

Hello,

A file (no specific extension) has appeared twice, in a row, in my AppData folder. The first time I encountered it, I shrugged it off and simply deleted it. Today, as of about four hours ago, the file reappeared in the same location again. The file goes by the name of "Local剜捯獫慴⁲慇敭屳呇⁁屖湥楴汴浥湥⹴湩潦". I tried running the Chinese characters through translate, and because of the nature of the language I couldn't quite really understand what it was talking about when I read the translation.

Now while I haven't noticed anything out of character on my machine, this file appeared some odd months ago for the first time in which I deleted it. It comes back tonight, and now I'm scratching my head thinking this is a suspicious file.  

If somebody who speaks Chinese knows that the characters listed describe it as a malicious file, what  can I do to prevent it from reappearing?

post-151155-0-62210100-1436241221_thumb.

Additionally, yes, I have Grand Theft Auto 5 on my machine, and (at the time of this post) I do recall having played just yesterday. Could that be the cause?

Yes, I am pretty sure that is the explanation.

I don't personally run GTA V, but I have seen this plenty of times here, discussed by the malware helpers and the OPs.

When you see that entry in someone's logs, they ALWAYS have GTA V installed.

You can probably Google it and/or check at a gaming forum. ;)

Having said that, I am neither qualified nor authorized to provide malware advice here.

So if you would like help checking your system for possible malware, I suggest that you might want to please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.

A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue.

Thanks,

Hello,

A file (no specific extension) has appeared twice, in a row, in my AppData folder. The first time I encountered it, I shrugged it off and simply deleted it. Today, as of about four hours ago, the file reappeared in the same location again. The file goes by the name of "Local剜捯獫慴⁲慇敭屳呇⁁屖湥楴汴浥湥⹴湩潦". I tried running the Chinese characters through translate, and because of the nature of the language I couldn't quite really understand what it was talking about when I read the translation.

Now while I haven't noticed anything out of character on my machine, this file appeared some odd months ago for the first time in which I deleted it. It comes back tonight, and now I'm scratching my head thinking this is a suspicious file.  

If somebody who speaks Chinese knows that the characters listed describe it as a malicious file, what  can I do to prevent it from reappearing?

It's from GTA V.  The file is fine.  It's your encrypted license information identifying you and your PC to help prevent pirating.