Problems with version 2.1.8.1057 - error 0xc000001d

I am having the same problem of both @jwoods and @hake users with Malwarebytes 2.1.8 version only. The older versions are running good. The computer is an ASUS Eee PC, the CPU is an AMD ATHLON XP-M and it supports instructions: MMX(+), 3DNow!, SSE. Then is it a CPU requirements or there is other issues? Have I to post back the 3 requested logs as indicate here:

Diagnostic logs?

Thnkyou in advance for your help.

Best regards

Giampaolo

Hi, and :welcome: , kana48:

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Each computer is unique.

Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.

The same is true for solutions.

They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".

Please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using the cjfj.png button. (where we can help you in your own topic)

The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Firefox

Ok I will post a separate topic, although I do not agree with your opinion. BTW thank you for your help.

This forum is different than many others where its OK to just tag along to another OP's topic, here they prefer everyone to start their own topic to make it easier for the helpers...

I am having the problem with Malwarebytes 2.1.8 version. The mbam.exe failed to start and produced a message box (see attached immage). I read other posts with the same issue.

With the older versions there are no problems.

The computer is an ASUS Eee PC, the CPU is an AMD ATHLON XP-M and it supports instructions: MMX(+), 3DNow!, SSE and the O.S. is Windows XP 32-bit SP3

Then is it a CPU requirements as show in this post or there are other issues ?

Do you need to post back the 3 requested logs as indicate here Diagnostic logs?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards

Giampaolo

post-189694-0-82904000-1436192580_thumb.

Thanks for the logs, the staff will review them shortly... In the meantime here is some additional info for you...

The Malwarebytes team is aware of the issue for error 0xc000001d and are looking into the problem now and hope to have a fix soon.

In the meantime you can revert to previous MBAM 2.1.6.1022 version.

If you do revert back to the previous version, then they'll need to disable "check for program updates when checking for database updates" setting if they don't want to constantly see the prompt for the new version.

This setting is located under Settings => Update Settings => Check for program updates when checking for database updates (need to uncheck that).

• Root Admin

I've merged all your post to this topic. At this time it appears that single processor support is not functioning in the latest version. As Firefox said you'll need to revert back to an older version for now. We hope to update and correct the issue soon. Unfortunately with program updates disabled you'll need to check back to see when we have a new version available.

You should  be able to check for program updates from this link

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/3283-malwarebytes-anti-malware-history-updates/?view=getlastpost

Thank you