New to Android, want advice

I was happy to see MWB has an Android offering. Of course Ill install that one.

I read this sticky: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/135248-malwarebytes-anti-malware-mobile-and-antivirus-apps/

My take from paragraphs 3 and 4 is that MWB mobile is NOT designed to be the only malware app, but that other av apps and MWB mobile are going to be catching the same malware, although this might change in the future.

So at the moment, I dont need another malware app? I dont use this is a work tool, so I can live with installing only from Google Play.

Oh one other thing--I read about greying out or unchecking something about untrusted sources (to download apps from). How do I do that?

• Staff

I would advise having an anti-virus installed on the android along with Malwarebytes anti-malware mobile app as good AV software also includes some extras such as deactivating your phone if lost or stolen which can be controlled via the web from a PC.

Hey I really like the permisssions "privacy manager" part. That is cool. Through the MWB mobile, I saw that my old fashioned telephone ringtone has a ton of privacy violations.

One other thing. I see a "Force Stop" option in the privacy manager tool. Does this mean that MWB will stop that app only from engaging in that particular activity? Or does it disable the app altogether?

• Staff

The force stop is part of the OS and should stop the application from running unless it is opened again.

Also note: If the app doesn't have an automatic restart code, some apps will automatically restart when it has been force closed.

The force stop is part of the OS and should stop the application from running unless it is opened again.

Also note: If the app doesn't have an automatic restart code, some apps will automatically restart when it has been force closed.

Thats helpful to know. Im finding it tough to actually close out apps. I might just use MWB to do this.

Thanks for your replies. I will stick with MWB mobile as my only security app. I also have Googles own Device Manager that can allow me to locate and lock my device if it is lost, stolen, so I dont need that stuff.