Getting this error on XP now the application failed to initialise properly (0XC000001d)

I am having exactly the same problem ~ Google searches are showing that this identical problem is occurring elsewhere with other users. For now, I too will revert to MBAM 2.1.6.1022 as I have also retained the installation setup file for this version.

My hardware is old with AMD Athlon (32-bit) processor and I am running Windows XP SP3.

Hello and :welcome: :

It appears that your post may have been split off from another thread. :(

In any event, yes, a handful of XP users have reported this error when trying to upgrade to version 2.1.8.

(It does not affect all XP users -- some have upgraded to 2.1.8 without problems.)

It looks as if you have a duplicate thread for the same problem here: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/170107-issue-0xc000001d-application-failed-to-initialize-properly/

To minimize confusion, I suggest that you please reply to our forum Admin, AdvancedSetup, in that other thread, with the requested diagnostic logs.

(The forum team may lock this one or merge it into the other one).

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

• 2 weeks later...