Jump to content

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Version 2.1.8.1057 is not working


Recommended Posts

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Version 2.1.8.1057 is not working
 

I did the update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware with the 2.1.8.1057 version, but it does not work on my Windows XP computer, I have the following message when opening the software: "Application No was unable to initialize properly (0xc000001d) ".
See attachments (picture3/4/5) screenshots.
 

I uninstalled and reinstalled the 2.1.8.1057 version of the 2.1.6.1022 version that normally, and I disabled the software update and the database is normally done.
See attachments (Picture6/7) screenshots.
 

Here is my Windows XP setup
User Account
Type: Administrator
OS: Windows XP Service Pack 3 Service Pack March 32 bit Operating System
Current Version and Build: 5.1.2600.0 OS Product Info: Professional
 

Thank you

 

post-189523-0-11631100-1435877540_thumb.

post-189523-0-58289200-1435877540_thumb.

post-189523-0-00362700-1435877541_thumb.

post-189523-0-48574300-1435877541_thumb.

post-189523-0-55554400-1435877542_thumb.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @Roche252 and :welcome:

  • Please read the topic Diagnostic Logs and then individually ATTACH the 3 requested logs in your next reply to this thread only.
  • The 3 files, from Step 1, to be individually ATTACHED from your desktop are CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please do not Zip or Copy and Paste them into a reply. Please do not alter, any FRST categories as they are pre-configured for this forum.

Thank You. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello 1PW

I read more about for "the application failed to initialize properly (0xc000001d)" and I find it unfortunate that this 2.1.8.1057 version does not work, like the others I have used previously (V1. 60.0.1800 / V2.0.4.1028) and the one I currently use (V2.1.6.1022) to this computer.

During installations from older versions (V1.60.0.1800 / V2.0.4.1028 / V2.1.6.1022), I never had a problem, and the more I did a test, I made the installation on another computer OS: Windows XP Service Pack 3 with the 2.1.8.1057 version and it works normally.

I'll wait until later if an update of Version 2.1.8.1057 is because I cross that this is due to a particular problem in 2.1.8.1057 version for some computers and I will continue using version 2.1. 6.1022.

Thank you

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bonjour Roche252   :welcome:

 

It is unfortunate that this XP system has that STOP code error.  Unless I am mistaken, that is some sort of ""0xC000001D : Illegal Instruction" error message.

There is something or other on this machine, some set of conditions, that lead to it.  To dig into it will call for the FRST reports that 1PW suggested.   And likely also some Windows dump files, as well.

The FRST would help to at least provide some detail on the STOP code abort.

 

XP operating systems can be difficult to get them to run modern applications, especially if something or other is not fully present or up-to-date ( Windows + all security patches).

 

The other more typical issues may be:  If you did not SAVE the installer file to some folder location or to the desktop.   ( never start the install run from the browser-download directly).

And or if you did not make very sure to be logged in with an administrator-level account.   ( but apparently you are OK on that last point).

 

Where di you save the mbam-setup EXE file ?   How did you begin the setup run ?   and had you booted the system _before_ attempting the install ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hello 1PW and Maurice Nagger
 

I made the installation file (mbam-setup-2.1.8.1057.exe) downloaded from the website Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and did the installation according to the subject method (MMFA Clean Removal Process 2x) and everything worked normally.
 

But when I wanted to start the software, I got the error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000001d)" (picture3.jpg) and I restarted my computer I had the error (picture4.jpg), and I have uninstalled V2.1.8.1057 and reinstalled the V2.1.6.1022 and everything works normally.
 

But I cross that the problem lies in the subject that I've read in "MBAM 2.1.8.1057 will not work on older AMD Athlon (32 bit) processors" and I cross that is the problem, because this is my processor:
Processor
Properties
Type Processor AMD Athlon 1333 MHz (10 x 133)
Aliases processor Thunderbird
Stepping CPU A9
Instruction set x86, MMX, 3DNow!
Code level 1 cache 64 KB
Data level 1 cache 64 KB
L2 cache 256 KB (On-Die, Full-Speed)

And the computer where I did the test, the processor is:
Processor Properties
Type Processor Intel Pentium Dual Core E5300, 2600 MHz (13 x 200)
Aliases processor Wolfdale-2M
Stepping processor R0
Instruction set, x86, x86-64, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3
Original clock speed of 2600 MHz
CPU Ratio Min / Max 6x / 13x
Engineering Sample No
Code level 1 cache 32 KB per core
Data level 1 cache 32 KB per core
Level 2 cache 2MB (On-Die, ECC, ASC, Full-Speed)

 

Thank You and have good week

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

Hello Roche252

Can you please post back the requested logs so that we can review further what's going on. There does appear to be something going on for some older computers on XP but we're not sure what the cause it yet.

Please read the following and post back the 3 requested logs.

Diagnostic Logs

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.