Hello,

I have just read on the forum, in a recently closed thread, that the Trojan.Vawtrak.ED is a false positive but my problem is that I followed the instructions from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, which told me to restart my computer in order to remove the trojan. Now the computer won't restart and nothing has worked so far to get it to work.

I have tried using start-up repair, system restore (4 separate points), and all the options on the menu after pressing F8

Can you please help me!

• Staff

Hello,

Sorry for the delays..

If your operating system is not on the C:\ drive, you will need to change the below command to reflect this..

If you see the options after pressing F8 - do you see the option to "repair your computer" ?

If so - click "repair your computer"

This will take a few moments and you should next see a window with 5 options..

Last option being "command prompt"

It will launch a command prompt window and it should show you are in X:\windows\system32

Type the following command exactly:

copy /y usp10.dll c:\windows\system32

It should show 1 file(s) copied

Like this:

post-3610-0-02768800-1435155621_thumb.pn

Reboot back up to Windows.

Make sure to update MBAM to latest definitions.

Let me know if any further issues.

Hello Blender, Thanks very much for your help - it worked perfectly - and I didn't think you took a long time to reply to me. I am sorry I took such a long time to reply to you but I didn't see the link to the topic in your message and couldn't find the topic in the forum pages.

All the Best,

Craig