julie80

can i ask a question about android version?

hi

i really love malwarebyte ,that i have bought the pro version even i use on demand , i bought for the the amazing support

i would like to ask few question about the android version

about the android security i'm really a noob

1)

is the infection of malware related to google play apps ? i mean are there app in google play dangerous

2)

is the infection of malware related to apps installed from other sites ? i know i can't talk about it , but sorry for my poor english , about other site i mean paid version downloaded for free

3)

is the infection of malware caused surfing using chrome?

thanks

ps: i have a app mod dangerous to install (i have not installed) , i have scanned with malwarebyte and it told me it's clean

can malwarebyte for windows scan such file apk and find malware ?

"ps: i have a app mod dangerous to install (i have not installed) , i have scanned with malwarebyte and it told me it's clean

can malwarebyte for windows scan such file apk and find malware ?"

Upload and test suspicious file(s) here wwww.virustotal.com / www.metascan-online.com if tested before, click rescan for a fresh result

www.zdnet.com/article/a-first-hacked-sites-with-android-drive-by-download-malware/

www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/03/24/report-97-of-mobile-malware-is-on-android-this-is-the-easy-way-you-stay-safe/

www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2015/02/04/android-malware-apps-deleted/

"ps: i have a app mod dangerous to install (i have not installed) , i have scanned with malwarebyte and it told me it's clean
can malwarebyte for windows scan such file apk and find malware ?"
Upload and test suspicious file(s) here wwww.virustotal.com / www.metascan-online.com if tested before, click rescan for a fresh result

www.zdnet.com/article/a-first-hacked-sites-with-android-drive-by-download-malware/

www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/03/24/report-97-of-mobile-malware-is-on-android-this-is-the-easy-way-you-stay-safe/

www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2015/02/04/android-malware-apps-deleted/

hi

thanks

can not use www.metascan-online.com  , it gave me an error

The scan was not completed because the number of files in the archive exceeds 500. don't know the meaning

impressive impressive , why is android so flagged by malware ? ios and black barry are almost safe

by the way for virus total it's 100% clean

so the just like i wrote download from google play is safe 

Google’s official Play Store was found to be just 0.1%

Hi Julie80,

1)
is the infection of malware related to google play apps ? i mean are there app in google play dangerous

Yes, there are times Google Play has malware but it is a small amount. Google has done a good job of cleaning up the malware and keeping new stuff out. There are however PUP's, potentially unwanted programs which are considered greyware. They are usually things like Adware, Fake apps, and monitoring type apps.

2)
is the infection of malware related to apps installed from other sites ? i know i can't talk about it , but sorry for my poor english , about other site i mean paid version downloaded for free

Yes, most of the malware comes from alternative third party markets or file shares.

3)

Yes, you can encounter malware while surfing with Chrome, however the app would need to be installed. I would suggest you keep "Unknown Sources" disabled and temporarily enable when needed.

Sticking to trusted app sources like the Play Store and keep 'Unknown sources' disabled is great way to avoid a majority of the malicious apps.

Regards,

-Armando

Hi Julie80,

1)

Yes, there are times Google Play has malware but it is a small amount. Google has done a good job of cleaning up the malware and keeping new stuff out. There are however PUP's, potentially unwanted programs which are considered greyware. They are usually things like Adware, Fake apps, and monitoring type apps.

2)

Yes, most of the malware comes from alternative third party markets or file shares.

3)

Yes, you can encounter malware while surfing with Chrome, however the app would need to be installed. I would suggest you keep "Unknown Sources" disabled and temporarily enable when needed.

Sticking to trusted app sources like the Play Store and keep 'Unknown sources' disabled is great way to avoid a majority of the malicious apps.

Regards,

-Armando

hi

thanks

i guess i will install malwarebyte for android ,just to be safe

do you suggest to install an antivirus too ?

i don't install app from another site then google play

thanks a lot Armando!