Error loading database. Line #80588. (0).

I am running Windows 2K Pro.

This morning I tried to start MalwareBytes Antimalware at first I got a message that my memory was low and it would automatically increase the memory. Then it gave me a message stating:

Error loading database

Line: #80599. (0).

After clicking on OK, it went on and opened the program. I then went to the update and updated the latest update. It finished and then shutdown and when it tried to restart the program I got the following message:

Error loading database

Line: #79363. (0).

When I clicked OK it stopped.

I then double clicked on the desk top icon and got the same message again and it would not start the program.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Please try restarting the computer and then try to get another update for the program.

I tried your suggestion but I still got a Windows message that my virtual memory was low and I should increase it. When I clicked the OK I then got a message from Malware that their was an error in loading, Line: 75288. (0).

I then went to the System in the Contral Panel and increased the size of the virtual memory. This morning after booting up I tried my Malwarebytes it booted up OK except that I got a message that Windows was increasing the size of my virtual memory. It then went on to start Malwarebytes. I then did an update successfully. I have not yet tried to run a scan since I updated.

I wonder if there is any suggestion as to how large I should have my virtual memory set? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

• Root Admin

Normally it is suggested to use 1 1/2 times the amount of your physical memory. Example, if you have 512MB of RAM then you would set it to 768MB

If you had 1024MB of RAM you'd set it to 1536MB, etc..

Please update MBAM and do a Quick Scan and make sure it does not find any infections please.

Thanks.

Normally it is suggested to use 1 1/2 times the amount of your physical memory. Example, if you have 512MB of RAM then you would set it to 768MB

If you had 1024MB of RAM you'd set it to 1536MB, etc..

Please update MBAM and do a Quick Scan and make sure it does not find any infections please.

Thanks.

I have done a Quick Scan, no infections found. Thanks for your help. Things seem to be working ok now. I have set my virtual RAM to 768MB.